Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILY Penguins Sleeping In...Again (Read 22 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It is still burning but not in Glendora. It is pretty much contained today.  LMAO at you. Smile

Zelanie

Cherie- You always overestimate me.  I'm barely slogging along these days, I swear.  But I think what happens is that if I run a bit too slowly, I don't get the warm fuzzies that I get from running just a tad faster.  But I don't have the confidence to hold that slightly faster pace for an entire run these days.  I used to do it just fine, now I'm scared or something.  Or I'm just running harder on my hard days, so I need to run easier the rest of the time, I don't know,

And Jack, there is no way that's not an athlete posing in front of that fire!

Got my miles in today.  The 100s were kind of fun.  I wasn't worried about pace or anything, just trying to have good form and stay upright.  But I ran them all about the same speed, except for one which was mysteriously 3 seconds faster.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: no pictures today. The trailhead is closed. There are still fire crews up there doing mop up work and putting out hot spots. We can see the crews from our back garden. It is strange to think this whole thing started less than a half mile from our house.

Zel: you guys crack me up. Smile

Zelanie

Good luck, Damaris!

Amazonian Princess

Five miles today, 6 min run & 1 min walk 

Slow, but steady and feeling good! Brought only very watered down Gatorade and it turned out to be friggin' hot. I'm a tremendously heavy sweater, so DH, who bikes while I run/walk, dumped his own Mio and refilled his CamelBak with cold water so I could douse my head at halfway. He's so damn romantic 

I can. I will. I am.