Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins: Happier than a Camel on.... (Read 34 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Birthday, Lauren.   Enjoy the free bread.   Blush

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy birthday, Lauren. Smile

hi to all the Pens. We are hitting the road and will likely spend the night in St. George or Cedar City, UT.

SheCan

Ginny-- well I think your life sounds like a marvelous adventure.  Sometimes the quality of life is less about having a job and material possessions then how you spend your time.

Scotty--- yup, we have monsoons here...which are just called the rainy season everywhere else.  BUT, it makes the summer so much more pleasant.  June is usually our hottest month, so now we're over the worst of it.  Don't get me wrong, it will still get hot, just not as bad as it was.  We're about 3-1/2 hours (190ish miles) to Phx.  Live right on the Mexican border.  I'm glad though because I was talking to a friend in Phx, today and she said it was supposed to be up to 108*.

Jack-- ohhh, what a pretty area with beautiful red canyons you'll be in tonight.  Have fun, take lots of pictures, and be safe!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - Late night running is a sign of dedication in my book.  I always feel like a rock star when I return late from a road trip, and still get out there.  Good job on that.

Docket - If it weren't for coffee, I truly believe the human race would be set back about 2 decades.

Scotty - Those are some serious temperatures.  WOW!  I'm sure we'll see some of that in August.  Not really looking forward to that, but I guess I'll do what I have to do.

Bin - Way to get out there, and get those miles!  Another HM?  You're getting crazy buddy.

Phillie - It's always nice when the weather isn't as bad as expected.  I'm hoping for that this evening.

Lauren -  HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Do they put a candle in that bread for you?

HsM - You have so much going on all the time.  You may not be running a marathon, but I don't know how you don't sometimes feel like you have...lol

Zel - It's good to see you out running without pain again.  I hope it keeps up.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny Wednesday is my latest night at work...usually don't get home til 9:30-10:00 so no running tonight Sad my quad has loosened up with walking at work today but my lower back is still reallllly tight so I'm ok with the URD. I have 2 races this weekend so I don't want to push it....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Cherie, do you have many security issues along the border? From listening to the news, you'd think it was all cartels down there, but I'm wondering how that meshes with reality.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Baconista - It sounds like you've been putting in the work, and making some good progress.  Hopefully the pain is temporary, but I'd rest and ice it a bit to be sure.  A little rest now can only benefit you on Saturday.

Scotty -  It's all those people on FB talking about you that did it.

Traci - Good luck with the barefoot running.  I'm not sure I could do it, unless it was all on grass.  Then, I'm sure I'd be worried about dog poo.

She Can - I've been trying to work up to running every day for a while, and then I had wedding and all of that craziness where I just had to run whenever I could make time.  I haven't really felt worn down, or like I needed a break yet.  Actually, if I don't feel like running one morning I'm ready to go after work.  Sometimes I run before and after.  I'm kind of surprised because I used to ABSOLUTELY NEED rest days.  I think I may have turned a corner here.  I don't know about monsoons, but I was hoping to run in the rain yesterday.  I got home, and it stopped and the sun came out.  Instant steam bath.

CoralieT - I bet you're smelling yeast.  There could be a distillery, ethanol plant or something along those lines.

Ginny - I couldn't do all of my runs on a treadmill, but I'm starting to consider purchasing one.  If for no other reason, P3 doesn't tolerate heat all that well.  She isn't running that many miles, but she is working to build up her base.  She's running 30-40 minutes per day, and 4-5 miles on one day each weekend.  She's been pretty good about taking a rest day when she needs one.  Sometimes she cross trains on those days.

RunTomRun - Welcome back to daylight hours :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - Don't forget to try the local beers.  Do they have those in Utah?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Bin Running

Traci, the plan is to squeeze in a full in Dec.. Already mark it up on my calendar.. Going on a 18 weeks Pfitz plan come 22 Jul.

Ginny, it doesn't cool much but we get the monsoon in Nov-Dec.. So, chances of a cooler morning is higher..

Mel, now that you mentioned.. ya.. 3 races within a month.. I am so in trouble..

Awood, I kind of like 10K and HM.. so maybe a little crazy.. haa My logic (which is probably flawed) is that the price diff between a 10K and HM is normally US10-15 diff.. Since I am waking up early to race.. Might as well.. haa..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Bin - I understand about the financial considerations.  All 3 of my races this year have been last minute decisions, so the prices were higher, but  I really wanted to do them at the time.  I've been slow to sign up for races, because of the money I wasted last year with my sfx. "Why should I spend $35 to run for less than half an hour?  Why not spend the same money and go for longer races?"  Which is why the only races I'm currently registered for are a 10k and a HM, and both of them were half the early registration price.  Of course, around here there are a lot more 5ks than any other distance.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy birthday, Lauren. Smile

hi to all the Pens. We are hitting the road and will likely spend the night in St. George or Cedar City, UT.

Are you going to Yellowstone, Jack?  We are going next year, I think.

tracilynn

Can't run tonight. Bad storms popping up everywhere.

I  have been burned paying for races I couldn't run due to Injury too. My HM that didn't happen. I think I will be waiting til the last minute in the future too.  It's just more money for the charity, right?  If it is a charity Race.

~~~~~~~

Traci