Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies - Suckdailies (Read 37 times)

Hip Redux

My brother lives in NE Ohio, in a house that belonged to his wife prior to him (he had no say-so).  Not only does it have a flat roof , it has a flat rubber membrane roof.   He can't even shovel it.  He uses a push broom. In last year's winter-from-hell, he cleaned that roof something like four times in a single week.

I fully expect that, if my brother dies suddenly, it will be in the winter, and it will involve that stoopid roof.

Yikes.

I actually saw someone with a snowblower up on a flat school roof during the  uberwinter of 2010.  I have no idea how one gets a snowblower up onto a roof.

Zelanie

Trying to figure out what to do for my 40th birthday, coming up in a few weeks.  We were thinking of going to see the Blazers and staying the night, but damn those tickets are expensive.  We could go to the coast, but we always go to the coast.  I'm not seeing any good shows in town either.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Trying to figure out what to do for my 40th birthday, coming up in a few weeks.  We were thinking of going to see the Blazers and staying the night, but damn those tickets are expensive.  We could go to the coast, but we always go to the coast.  I'm not seeing any good shows in town either.

Nothing wrong with a nice dinner with a good bottle of wine followed by cuddling on the sofa watching your favorite movie.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I usually have dinner at some fancy smancy restaurant, but it has been so long that I couldn't tell you which one it was. Morton's Steakhouse maybe.

workinprogress11

Screw that pansy roof rake stuff, there are people climbing out onto their roof with a shovel.

Saw a guy doing that yesterday when I was out running. It scared the crap out of me because he sort of slipped/tripped twice while I was going by. I hope he made it off the roof in one piece.

10 miles today. I got lost so mile 9 ended up being a mile uphill. Yowza.

StepbyStep-SH

I ended up celebrating my 40th by taking my son to the fancy pizza place in town, which has a good wine list, while my husband was flying to Athens, Greece, for a work conference.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.