Beginners and Beyond

B&B User Group (Read 533 times)

Docket_Rocket

This IS a user group.

I'm confused.  Are you saying start a second user group for the chat threads????

I do like B&B, though.  Old school RAers have been calling you BooF.  Ok, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, this is your (as in Bee and Bee's, not SpamWOL refugees) party room.  Do whatever the heck you want in here.  If you really really feel the need to set up a Bee and Bee Chat Groupon, that's your deal, but it starts getting damn complex.

Oh yeah: you don't have enough stickies in here yet.

I think she is suggesting multiple user groups, which are basically forums on their own.

I like the B&B name.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

OK, let me say this again.

I have been on BOTH SITES, for years. I have posted on BOTH SITES. I mainly lurk on BOTH SITES.

I am not a them. I am not a we. And I am not tellling you what to do. I am just giving a suggestion so that both sides assimilate better, easier, faster.

Damaris, I probably should have PM'd you with this idea.

No worries.  I thought of whether I should sticky them or not, but that was the easier way to find them time and time again instead of bumping it multiple times a week.  Now it won't be a problem but later when the forum has 100 pages, it will be hard to find. :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

*yawn* It's not Friday yet.

It's Friday somewhere

xor

I think she is suggesting multiple user groups, which are basically forums on their own.

I like the B&B name.

So a different group for each chat thread?

Huh.  Well, the site is set up to do that so have at it... but it seems like it will fracture the community somewhat.  I dunno, though, I'm talking out of my ass.  Which I admit openly.

Anyway, I do agree with the "us" v "them" thing, but as things have settled, I haven't really noticed much of that.  I guess we will see.  At least you didn't set up a group that is identical to an already existing group :-/.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yesterday...or the day before, I can't remember, I changed the group name because the majority posting in a thread wanted it. Beginners had to be in the title to attract new people.

Docket_Rocket

Yesterday...or the day before, I can't remember, I changed the group name because the majority posting in a thread wanted it. Beginners had to be in the title to attract new people.

But we can call it B&B among ourselves, no?  I think her point was that we are still talking about BF v RA like we're squatting here temporarily.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

I don't have time to inflate this thread into a blowup right now. Can we put it on hold until I'm back from my run later this afternoon?

Just a suggestion, I'm not telling you what to do.

flarunner

No, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to "decorate" or how to run the site. No, I don't want things to just "suit me".

Yes, I do want all of you to stay here because I like this site better, and I like you people.

Maybe I should have just sent this as a suggestion to Stealth and DR.

Maybe I read things wrong on RW, but it was my impression that people (some, most, all, a few?) got turned off by the large chat threads. Heck, that's even been a discussion here.

Evidently the way I had this in my head is not the way it reads. Probably why I lurk instead of post. Well, that and I tend to kill threads.

I'm sorry I sounded cranky or high-handed. That was not my intention.

Y'all go back to being yourselves and I'll go back also.

And SRL, evidently I'm talking out of my ass also.  ::rolleyes::

But we can call it B&B among ourselves, no?  I think her point was that we are still talking about BF v RA like we're squatting here temporarily.

MJ5 and a bunch of other people have made it clear they ARE squatting here and going back. So, who knows.

Singer who runs a smidge

I like the name as it is, because it's somewhat descriptive.  B&B doesn't give any hint of what it's about.

I'm also confused as to why we need more user groups -- I'd rather click on the threads of chats I want to look at or join in on, rather than going to find a separate user group.

I suspect that this group will evolve as needed over time.  As I keep seeing somewhere, gonna be all right.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

At least you didn't set up a group that is identical to an already existing group :-/.

We didn't want to traipse our muddy shoes on someone else's carpet without asking first.  And now I don't know what to do about it.

Also, I am not squatting.  I like it here. 

Running is dumb.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I have about had it up the ceiling fan in my bedroom with being told what to do on this website so let me say this:

When I'm in your house, I will dance to your music.  When you're in my house, you can either dance to my music or go home.

And this is our little corner of RA.

OP, If you were around the BF much you know that you just repeated the same things that new posters would say over there. And then they would disappear.

I think you are setting up a meltdown thread a day early.

Congrats.

Nevrgivup

This site gets more confusing as the days go on. I don't understand how "WE" are being told what to do. This is a public forum isn't it??

"WE" are less than 24 hours away from Friday. This meltdown seems to have just begun. Roll eyes

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

catwhoorg

Labrat

We didn't want to traipse our muddy shoes on someone else's carpet without asking first.  And now I don't know what to do about it.

Also, I am not squatting.  I like it here. 

I thought you only squatted in the woods anyway.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18