Beginners and Beyond

TRD Thursday Penguins (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"The most important day in any running program is rest. Rest days give your muscles time to recover so you can run again. Your muscles build in strength as you rest."

--Hal Higdon

PADRunner

Today is a TRD for me and it is a SRD. Not to be confused with Monday which was also a SRD and a ARD. Both could be considered NRRDs.

TRD Total Rest Day

SRD Scheduled Rest Day

ARD Active Rest Day

NRRD Non Running Rest Day

on my way to badass

Morning PAD and Penguins! Last run for me before HM on Sunday. 3 easy.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Dad on the run.

Got the email that my race photos were ready. Pics look great but can't pay the price. 65 bucks for all of them or 25 buck per picture... seriously?? And that's for digital download.  Absolutely outrageous.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

on my way to badass

Got the email that my race photos were ready. Pics look great but can't pay the price. 65 bucks for all of them or 25 buck per picture... seriously?? And that's for digital download.  Absolutely outrageous.

Ouch!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Sometimes if you wait, they start emailing you discounts.

My 6 last night sucked.  My hips were sore and I didn't feel like running.  Tonight is supposed to be 13 with 10 at MP.  I suspect it will be "some" with "none" at MP instead.

PAD- Sounds pretty NRRDy!  I had my TRD on Monday. Smile  Saturday is going to have to be a TRD, too, because we're driving to the Oatmeal race!

SF- Have a great race!  Will OFS be running as well?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 12 with 8 at MP this morning and they went pretty well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Lol at the rest day abbreviations.

Woohoo Stone! Happy taper to you.

Jimmy, that sucks.  I'd wait for the discounts.  How's the baby? You should be complaining about sleepless nights not pic prices?!

zel, sorry your run sucked. You're still a trooper!

I did an easy 3 this morning in the cool slow rain. It was so awesome and a rainbow at the end.

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

PAD - I'm having a TRD here too.  I don't count walking as activity, since I don't have a lot of choice in the matter (dog always needs to be walked.)

Z - sorry your run sucked.  I hope today goes better.

SF - good luck on your HM this weekend.

Jimmy - I wouldn't pay that either.  Crazy to think that some people do.

Damaris - good job on the early run.

Tracilynn - I'm glad you enjoyed your wet run.  It would be cool anyway.  The rainbow is a nice way to finish.

Four plus hour drive to NJ to attend DH's uncle's memorial service tomorrow.  I never met him, but I do know his daughter.  It gives Jim a chance to see his cousin and his brother and their families.  We haven't seen any of them in a few years, not since the last family funeral, unfortunately.

on my way to badass

Z- OFS is not running the HM.  He does not seem to be interested in anything over 10K and he's been taking it easy because he has a twingey Achilles.

Traci -thanks, I am going to enjoy the RDs!

DR- Is the weather breaking?

Ginny-Safe travels.

This past week I finally felt prepared.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Z- OFS is not running the HM.  He does not seem to be interested in anything over 10K and he's been taking it easy because he has a twingey Achilles.

Ginny-Safe travels.

SF, don't forget to change your avi on Sunday to "Reached Badass"

Docket_Rocket

Ginny-Safe travels.

Miraculously, it is cooler. Today we had 81F at 5am instead of 91F. Unfortunately, we have not had a Winter in two years so I am not getting my hopes up.g

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny-Safe travels.

Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page