Beginners and Beyond

Post about nothing (Read 316 times)

MrNamtor

Post about nothing

way to go taking care of the diabetes.

My sister sees a trainer at the gym. He always tells her, "you have 23 other hours a day to mess up what you just did" or something to that effect. We can not out run bad diets.

Keep preaching dude.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

@runjerseygirl

If this is about my guilty pleasures post, you can save it.

Do you even run?

When I was in my teens and twenties I could eat and drink anything and everything, and never got above 105 pounds.

The problem with having that kind of metabolism (and being young and stupid) is my eating habits were horrible, I rarely worked out, and once I hit my mid 30's a lifetime of bad eating, drinking, and finally a slowing metabolism caught up with me.

Which ended up being a blessing.  Five years later and 45 pounds heavier, I drew a line in the sand and finally started exercising regularly, running,  and paying attention to my eating.

And five years after that, I'm healthier and in better shape than I ever was in my twenties.  I lost most of the weight, and have kept it off for 4 years now.  I eat fruits and vegetables!  I crave salads instead of french fries.  At 45, I may have a few more laugh lines, but my skin looks so much better now than it did 10-15 years ago, when I was gorging on sweets and fried foods.

I still love cake and still eat french fries once in awhile.   What's life without cake and french fries...   I've just replaced most of the garbage I used to eat every day with the good stuff.

MrNamtor

way to go taking care of the diabetes.

My sister sees a trainer at the gym. He always tells her, "you have 23 other hours a day to mess up what you just did" or something to that effect. We can not out run bad diets.

Keep preaching dude.

Thanks man, and what you're doing is great too. Keep up the great work.

Btw, if i really were a preacher, that's how I'd end every sermon "Thanks for coming folks, now everyone get the f@(%# out of my church".

Kay, I copied that recipe.  Can't wait to try it.

Btw, if i really were a preacher, that's how I'd end every sermon "Thanks for coming folks, now everyone get the f@(%# out of my church".

you need to add "dont forget to leave some $$$ in the plate on the way out. Brother Namtor needs some new shoes."

Tomas

that looked like a bunch of work. can you send me some so I can try it????

please Big grin

Tomas

@runjerseygirl

Awesome!  Let me know how it is. Smile

Do you even run?

that looked like a bunch of work. can you send me some so I can try it????

please Big grin

I would, but I'm pretty sure there won't be any left.

I would, but I'm pretty sure there won't be any left.

If I knew you better I would be a smart ass and tell you to go back a re-read the sermon at the top of the page Smile

Tomas

I didn't say it would be me eating all of it... I'll save a piece or two for my family Big grin

And I say you can have it all.

Eat healthy most of the time, but indulge in Almond Joy Bars once in a while.

Mostly harmless

And I say you can have it all.

Eat healthy most of the time, but indulge in Almond Joy Bars once in a while.

Everything in moderation. Including moderation.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

My first reaction is just say, eh, you were pretty over weight and probably didn't workout as much as you wanted to believe. Don't get me wrong, it's great that running has helped you turn things around and that the diabetes isn't active. I think it may just be hard to take advice from a guy that touched a cigarette, although I guess in regards to that we come from generations where smoking was viewed very differently.

I suppose the real discussion is about what the definition of eating poorly really is. I have to eat A LOT to maintain my 160 lbs, and I think that alone might cause some to say I eat poorly. I do I admit that I indulge some because I know I have calories to spare, but I really don't see that as a negative. Where do you draw the line and say that one is eating poorly? Is the occassional or even regular indulgeance okay, or is that on par with regularly eating fast food?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MrNamtor

*hugs Kay

edit:  *Tries to hug Kay, Kay delivers sharp knee to groin, crumples to the ground Big grin