Beginners and Beyond

RR - Rumpshaker 5k!!!! New PR!!!! (Read 106 times)

SheCan

Awesome job, Jblack!!!!!    Congratulations on the new PR.  What great friends and family you have, too.  One of things I've always liked about your reports is that in many ways they're as much about your relationships as about running.

Cherie

Running- the real sport.  The others just play with their balls.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice run, nice PR, and nice pictures!

Glad that Mitch was around to help you as well. I have yet to meet him, though we aren't all that far apart as the crow flies.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report and congrats on your new PR!  Woohoo for Mitch being your Wingman there for you!  Congrats to your DW too!

Nice photos.  Wow, that is a lot of people for a 5K!  The weather looked like it behaved for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Trail Monster

Congrats! That's a huge PR!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Supersono99

Congrats!! That's great that Mitch was able to pace you to a huge PR. Your buddy's wife took great pictures, too. I enjoyed your RR.

Antipodean

I would have worn the sock dirty. Just sayin'. Big grin

I'm sure you would have PR'd without Mitch, but that sure was a great advertisement for what good pacing can do for a person. You know you'll be chasing a sub-25 before too long (like me)!

Julie

PRs:  1 mile  6:57  //  5k   24:12  //  5 mile  39:32*  //  10k   49.10*   //  Half  1:52:18

* courses slightly short

"It's not the mountains we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Jimmy, I wanted to say congrats on the big PR. I know how much this meant to you, and I'm very happy that I could be a part of it. This will always be one of the most important and memorable experiences of my running.

Dad on the run.

Thanks Mitch and everyone else.  It really was a great run and felt great pushing myself harder than I have since I started running.

Also I feel terrible for not putting this in the report but my wife finished in 41:06 she PRed by 1:01. Liz hurley was 42:07

My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I decided to be Awesome!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awesome run and a great RR!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

Congratulations!!! Great RR! Loved the pictures.....your family is beautiful! So glad you got to spend some time with Mitch that is so cool!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Don't call me Buttercup!

Whoo!!!!  Congrats on the new PR, that is just awesome. =)  Well done.

On a side note, though, I'm totally laughing about your socks because I'm pretty sure most people I know would have just worn mis-matched socks, rather than wash them. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Dad on the run.

I have a thing about socks. Always have. They have to match and there is no way in hell I'm wearing a dirty pair of socks. I would come closer to wearing dirty undies, I dunno why. Perhaps a little OCD about my socks.

My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, so I decided to be Awesome!

Pura Vida

You have come so far!  I am really happy for you and your new PR.  Can't wait to see what you do next!

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Upcoming: Beat the Blerch 10K 9/21, Portland Marathon (debut) 10/5