Beginners and Beyond

DTR Endurance 50K: Docket's First Ultra (Long with Pics).... (Read 197 times)

Docket_Rocket

That sounds lovely!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That sounds lovely!

ultrarunning rates it as a 2/2.

Probably not much fun in huntsville, but it is just north of houston so that could be entertaining Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Oh, yeah, that.  I need an interesting big ciity with a direct flight from hell, I mean Miami.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oh, yeah, that.  I need an interesting big ciity with a direct flight from hell, I mean Miami.

1 stop in atlanta. tickets are less than $275 each, roundtrip from hell (miami) to Houston.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

We don't like stopping anywhere.  Makes the flight too long.  $275 sounds nice.

1 stop in atlanta. tickets are less than $275 each, roundtrip from hell (miami) to Houston.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

We don't like stopping anywhere.  Makes the flight too long.  $275 sounds nice.

round trip is 2.5 hours for $405

1 stop is 4.5 hours for $275

either way - its about 3.5-4 hour drive for me Smile

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

An expedia packet might get me a direct flight.  I am still surprised I paid less than $1200 per person for SF including a direct flight, a car, and a 4 star hotel 1/2 from the starting line.  Score!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

But thanks for checking for me.  I'll work on the husband.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

But thanks for checking for me.  I'll work on the husband.

I was just killing time waiting for DW to get off work.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

My bad.  It was $1200 TOTAL, so $600 per person.  Good deal!

Hehe.  Then I won't go since you were just "wasting time".

Damaris

Fundraising Page

My bad.  It was $1200 TOTAL, so $600 per person.  Good deal!

Hehe.  Then I won't go since you were just "wasting time".

I was wasting time by looking up flights and planting seeds so that I can tag along in your greatness.

You know you want to come run over here. Smile

Tomas

workinprogress11

Great job!  Congratulations!  So what's next....50 or 100 miles?

Docket_Rocket

Actually, a 5K, haha.

Only marathons for the rest of the year.  For 2014, I'm eyeing either another 50K or a 50 miler.  Don't tell Mr. Docket.

Great job!  Congratulations!  So what's next....50 or 100 miles?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Snickers1230

Y'all will have to let me know if you do run the Rocky50.  It's close to home so we could do a FE Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Y'all will have to let me know if you do run the Rocky50.  It's close to home so we could do a FE Smile

snickers- that would be cool. I have done one of the Tejas Trails races and it was pretty laid back. There were lots of friendly people there and very relaxing.

Tomas