Beginners and Beyond

Here We Go Again: SUNDAILIES (Read 250 times)

You got the right attitude!  I wonder what my first race back will be like...wait, no I don't.

Yeah, I figured now was as good a time as any to see how bad it really was.   I can only go up from here (I hope).

You can call me Anna

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Awww, thanks: now I am rooting for you to come off the bench.  What a weekend.  I am hoping you get good news tomorrow, Phil.

Angela: I am sorry you have been battling this injury business and had a rough 10K.  What exactly have you been dealing with?

SIAR: Another toe spreader?  Why am I in the dark about this?  I just Googled them - interesting!!

LRB: No, no, no - no need for crazy emoticon dudes doing business like that, but thanks...

. They're pretty girly. I don't mention them in public often. Mine have sparkles.

Bertha...sorry about the blisters. Good job on the 10 though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

19.6 done at 8:40 pace, no IT band pain, and I finished the week with 80 miles.  It was a good week.

Awesome run! I think you're just about 100% again!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

I read everything but if you think I can do shoutouts for 5 pages, you're mistaken! Joking

9 miles with 4 @ HMP (163HR) in hot/humid weather.  Best speedwork in quite a while and the paces (even unadjusted for weather) went great.

RMTB, great run!

Bertha is back!  I mean, Lori is back!  Glad to see you around.

Angela, hope to see you back in action really soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I've never heard of these toe spreaders either.

RMTB - Great job on the 19+ miles. I'm glad you're getting through your issues quickly.

rkymtnanna - Sorry to hear that you had a bad race. But now that you're back at it, you have a baseline to build off of.

DR- Good job getting the HMP run done. I hope you're feeling better.

6.9 @ 8:54, and I even got high-fived during my run. I ended the week with 73.4 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  Caffeine and 800mg of ibuprofen helped a lot.  Nice run and weekly mileage.

I've never heard of these toe spreaders either.

RMTB - Great job on the 19+ miles. I'm glad you're getting through your issues quickly.

rkymtnanna - Sorry to hear that you had a bad race. But now that you're back at it, you have a baseline to build off of.

DR- Good job getting the HMP run done. I hope you're feeling better.

6.9 @ 8:54, and I even got high-fived during my run. I ended the week with 73.4 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Angela: Oh my goodness, what a long and frustrating battle you've had to get back on your feet.  I am thrilled to hear that the orthotics might well be the answer for you along with some hip strengthening exercises.  It sounds like you are finally on the path to recovery and I am so happy to hear that.  Don't worry about those lbs. - they'll come off as soon as you get your mileage back up - and the race times will get back where they should be in no time.  I am happy that you are making progress, though...  What a ride it has been.

B-Plus: What a great week you had!  WOOT!

Alexis, good luck with school.

Angela, I hope you're back to 100% soon.

Damaris, four of nine miles at HMP? Wow!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Another URD for me today, but I finally have an answer for what's wrong with my hip. It seems that the soreness I've had for months is the Tensor Fasciae Latae, which is the muscle from which the ITB originates. This could also be causing my hamstring problems. Exercises and stretches for rehabbing ITBS can be used for the TFL...and apparently I have a weak butt, so I need to work on that too. I'm going to try to rehab at home, run only short recovery runs for the next week, and book a sports or deep tissue massage ASAP.

LRB

...It seems that the soreness I've had for months is the Tensor Fasciae Latae,

Sounds like a drink, I'll have a Venti.  Seriously, your symptoms sound similar to mine.  You're on the right path.

andrew jerald

13.1 today, pretty hot & humid out today!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Sounds like a drink, I'll have a Venti.  Seriously, your symptoms sound similar to mine.  You're on the right path.

what types of things are you doing in PT? You've told me about some of it already, but have they added new stuff?

andrew jerald, great virtual half.

Flippy, I'm relieved that you finally have an answer. A speedy and complete healing to you.

runmomto3boys

Flippy: I'm really glad that you've identified the problem and that you know how to treat it.  I hope that you have a full and fast recovery.  Enough of this injury garbage.

Andrew: Great work on the 13.1 miles today!  WOOT!

Will run for scenery.

No personals : I'm too preoccupied with the new season of Downton Abbey to care seriously about "virtual people" right now.

But, TBH, I did read the thread and Yay! for the victories and Awwww/hugs.... for the setbacks.

I just got back from "the mountains" and a big-ass Margarita and my kitty is way, way too enthralled (rapturously delighted) wirh my tech-fiber armpit smell to describe with any precision  in decent company, or even you guys.

Let's just say I had a great day doing the second best thing to running and set a new PR of sorts.  I'll post it tomorrow to milk it for all it can be made to be worth.

For now, my friends, just pour yourself a delightful and immodest libation and tune your sets to PBS.  The Cawley Dynasty depends upon it so very, very much.

Cheerio and all that clap-trap !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!