Beginners and Beyond

Home alone Thursday Penguins... (Read 27 times)

Bin Running

Mitch, Enjoying the quiet time.. Smile

Dave, good job on the 8M+

Margo, hope you get your run in.

Vance, haa.. Chicken rice is a local food and the rice is cooked with chicken broth.. It's nice but a little oily and difficult to digest. Seem like a cool trail.. 25K of it!

Kristin, hope it's nothing.. Get well soon..

Mel, I cheated and did a 12M.. Hope you knee recover soon..

Jeff, That's a tempo if you ask me.. Awesome!

Jimmy, Now, you know.. Recovery always helps.. Go get some.. Enjoy the dinner date later..

Jack, Quinoa - Not sure I have even seen it here before.. Will see if the more fancy supermarket stock them.. 95F is hot even for me.. Hope you managed to get you runs in..

Ginny, Enjoy the RD.. convert unwanted stuff to cash is always good.. Smile

12.2M done.. I found that I like night runs better than morning ones.. but can't afford to do so many of it due to family.. It's easier for me to sneak out in the morning before everyone is up..
    Had Mac double cheese burger and a stawberry banana smoothies.. Look up the calories and found that I ate back more than 50% of what I had burn.. failed!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I've been trying to figure out why my facility is so far in the hole this year, so that's how I've spent my morning, crunching numbers.  As close as I can figure, it's a mixture of a $10k charge that I don't know what it is, and $20k from the Dean's office that I was promised when I first started here.  Supposedly it arrived, but they didn't put it on my books exactly, so it doesn't look like it arrived.  Subtract those two issues and my core is in really good shape.  We billed more than we spent in 2011, spent a tich more than we billed in 2012, and so far in 2013 we've billed more than we spent.  So as long as we keep under for the rest of the fiscal year, I'm not too fussed.  If not, then I'll have to think about raising my prices a smidge.

Oh, and DH and I got our walk in today despite the loud siren call of the bed, so that's all good!  This is the first day we've both not wanted to go, so I'm glad we managed to get out there.  

Bin -- I have a potluck for chorus tonight, I should probably skip lunch!!  (But I won't, of course ...)

hog -- good luck for your miles, and best wishes for Bella!!

D2 -- woo-hoo for your miles!!

Phillie -- hope your legs feel great tonight!!

Docket -- have a good flight!!

N-Bug -- this is why I don't do trails much.  I would never make it out, permanently lost!!

kristin -- hope you feel better!!

Zelanie -- hope you get to see a doctor!!  Knee issues completely suck, IMHO.  Mine is also still fussing.

JDrumm -- enjoy your recovery miles!!

jblack -- enjoy the run with friends!!  I suggest Mexican ...

Jack -- eek, 95??  Good luck!!

Ginny -- good luck with garage cleaning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

G'morning penguin friends!

Ginny-- Wow @ yesterday's run. I've done that before and it's so frustrating.  Thank goodness I've never been over any miles I was used to running before finding my way back. Well now at least you know you capable right now of 12 miles-- at least!  Have fun setting up for the garage sale.  Wish we could come.

Mitch-  glad the dental appt wasn't too bad.  Sometimes after several years, things start adding up so much.  Good job on the 5!

kristin- Cry  Take care of yourself today.

Jeff-- great job on the tempo run!  And that IS fast!

Jack-- EWWW@95*  You're already in the middle of summer!  Good luck on the night run--- just think about how it'll be in the 70s soon!

Dave-  Awesome rule you have for yourself.  I'm always amazed at how determined you are.

bin-  great job on the 12!  That strawberry banana smoothy sounds worth the calories to me!

Hopesmom-- great job getting out there and getting those miles in!

I'm taking a rest day today.  It wasn't scheduled, but I'm not scheduled at all now!  No races in my near future, and am just taking it easy for a while.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys. Feeling a little better at work, just really congested.  I think it's these damn allergies.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

No eating out tonight. We both have a fun money budget and they are going out this weekend so....  They did invite us over for dinner though. She is making a cheesey broccolli and rice dish with fried zucchini. Sounds like a delicious dinner to me!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

No eating out tonight. We both have a fun money budget and they are going out this weekend so....  They did invite us over for dinner though. She is making a cheesey broccolli and rice dish with fried zucchini. Sounds like a delicious dinner to me!

To me, that sounds better then what you could get at most restaurants anyway.  Enjoy!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy Texas weather!  Yesterday we were in the 80s.  Got some MAJOR rain and lightning and thunder last night around 1 a.m., streets flooded for a while, etc.  Then the temp started dropping.  News guy also said around 5 pm - my usual run/walk time - the winds would be blowing about 45 to 50 mph, yikes!  With my luck, I'd  probably get hit in the head by some flying object - "Ouch!  Oh, sorry about that, Toto!" - so I got up this morning and did an early morning run around the campus before going to work. The winds did NOT wait until 5 pm!  The temp cooperated - it was about 64 degrees  - but at Mile 1 the winds began picking up, and I heard a 'wind advisory' on the radio station I was listening to, and the guy said the wind was now blowing 25 to 30 mph, sheesh!  I SO did not need to hear that while I was out there running! Joking  Well, I managed to get 3.2 miles in and even did my Campus Hill Route, but sometimes the wind felt like it was a giant hand pushing against my forehead trying to hold me back.  Thankfully, it was not a cold wind yet.  We'll have that later tonite here.   From the 80s yesterday into the 50s today for a high.  What the heck is up with Mother Nature?   She has been really nutso lately, and not just in my state either, I think.  Hope she mellows out soon!  For my 5K this Saturday, predicted temp at start time:  44 degrees!  Crazy!

Good luck with the 10 miles planned, Bin!  Sorry about the bloated feeling, but that can be cured with that old remedy:  F-A-R-T-S spells relief! Wink

Congrats on your 5, Mitch, hope you can get some miles in today.  You don't need to go to the dentist to repair a broken tooth!  Step 1: Go to a bar...Step 2:  pick a fight... Step 3: .turn side of face where broken tooth is toward approaching fist... Step 4: spit tooth out....Step 5: Drink lots of beer to 'sterilize' the area and wash it out.    You're  done!   Big grin

Congrats on your miles, Dave.  Guess you are not tapering anymore.  8 miles a day!  EVERY day? Surprised  You're a better runner than I, Gunga Din!

Hope your legs feel as good as they look, Margo, and you get your miles in sans problems.

Have a happy flight, Damaris! And, of course, spend those bucks  for the wireless!

its fun getting out in the middle of nowhere, all alone, then realizing you don't know where you're at.   Yeah, Vance, it is!  Unless you are somewhere where you end up getting shot at...that's no fun at all!   Glad you didn't get shot at!

Sorry you are sick.  Hope you feel better Kristin!  I have some Vicks...want your chest rubbed?     Wink

Very sorry to hear that, Zelanie.  Hope the appointment will help you get back on track to being 100% again.

Sounds like a tempo run to me, Jeff, congrats!  Give tests?

Jimmy, you could always have Mexican pizza.  OTOH, the home dinner sounds a lot better.  Sorry about the sore legs.  Biofreeze works wonders.

Jack, hope the weather cooperates for you!  If not..then be safe on your late night run!

Enjoy your walk with the dog, Ginny!  Good luck with the garage sale!

Sounds like you need another walk, HsM, after dealing with that budget stuff!  I am SO glad I DON'T have to deal with that anymore at my university.  Used to do it, my job now does not require it, taken care of my someone else in the office.  Thank goodness!

Enjoy the rest day, SheCan!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

One Half So Far

Scotty: Yeah, I'm a high school math teacher.  Trying to find out if my students learned anything. Most did, a few did not.  Win.

Jimmy: Rice + Cheese + veggies = Seconds.  In my house, anyhow.

Cherie: Enjoy the RD.  Hopefully you can find a race you want to do soon.

Hope: Grats on getting out there.  Enjoy a fun day of numbercrunching.

Bin: Your mistake was looking up the calories. Chicken rice....you in Singapore? Never did ask what country you're in.  And Scotty is right.  Nothing like releasing a little methane to take the pressure off.

~Jeff!~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

GinnyinPA

Cherie - are there any races up in northern Az you could do?  The snow should be mostly melted at Flagstaff by now.  Or what about Payson or Showlow areas?  Anything atop Mt. Lemmon or in the Rincons?

Bin - how is it cheating to do 12?  Sounds good to me.  And you burned more calories than you ate - so it's a win!

Scotty - your weather is even weirder than Colorado's this year.  Glad you didn't get blown away.

Hopesmom - hope you get the 30K so you can balance your books.  Good for you for getting out there despite the lure of the bed.

Dave - sounds like a good way to get the miles in.

Jimmy - eating out is eating out.  As long as you're not the one cooking, it's a treat.

Bin Running

Hopesmom, potluck sound like fun!

Cherie, that smoothies is heaven sent after a run.

Scotty/Jeff, burp a little while getting the run in. Haa maybe cut some cheese too but it's all hazy now. Tongue Jeff, I'm in Singapore. How did you guessed?

Ginny, cheating as in doing more than the plan called for. Ya, I did burn slightly more than I consumed. Not really looking up the calories with intend. It was right before my eyes while I am munching the burger.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar