Beginners and Beyond

Coming At You Live - It's The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 35 times)

Philliefan33

I opted for a trail run this evening, so only did a little over 5 miles. My feet got wet early on and I was eventually a muddy mess but it was fun!

The tile project was just to update the color scheme. Eighteen years ago we pit white tile up, which never really looked right after  I painted and changed my color scheme about five years ago. I'm in the process of painting again so this time we took care of the tile. I'd love to do a total kitchen remodel but since I don't cook much it's hard to justify the cost.  I don't need a fancy kitchen to make pasta or grilled cheese  Big grin

Zelanie

Jack- I've heard great things about the Foot Traffic Flat race.  I think KarenM, who maybe didn't make the jump from RWOL, posted a report about her race last year and it sounded fantastic, plus word of mouth from a few runners around here.  It sounds like it's still fairly small, has great organization and local support, good medals, and yummy strawberry shortcake at the end.  It was definitely on my short list for possible next HMs before this knee thing hit.

Now there is no way I will have any business running a HM in July, BUT, if you're going up for it, I might consider the 5K or 10K if you guys are going to be there.

AFM- I had my PT appointment today, and it went really well.  In fact, I'm supposed to run more this week than I had been planning on running even.  Basically, since it's not hurting at all now, he wants me to keep bumping up the mileage as long as it's still not hurting.  So today was 1.5 miles at PT plus exercises.  Tomorrow I will run 3, then Friday another PT appointment, then Saturday and Sunday I will run 4.  Then on Monday, if all is well, we make next week's running plan. Smile  Plus hip exercises after my runs to keep building strength.

GinnyinPA

Mel - that's really good news.  I hope all continues to go well.