Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning, nearly Ready Penguins (Read 34 times)

GinnyinPA

Tori - congratulations on being an official employed nurse.  Sounds like a nice set up with a lovely place to run so close.  Hopefully, you'll find other runners at work to run with sometimes.

Damaris - races three weeks in a row.  Ouch!  Do you still get nervous before races, or do you just look at it as another Saturday run?  I enjoy racing, but I get so stressed the week before I've wondered if it's worth it.

Our local LRS sponsored Run for Boston was a success.  A lot of people were there, including many of the local runners who were at Boston this year.  They ran out of t-shirts, but will order more for those who requested them and donated.  Lots of families were there, with kids and dogs running with their parents.  The park has several paved loops, so after a few words and a moment of silence, everyone just headed out to run or walk in unity.  My husband and I walked a loop and a half, then headed home.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, since I run mostly for fun I don't get nervous.  Whenever is a PR attempt, I do.  I was nervous during my 5K last weekend (so 4 race weekends in a row, LOL) because it would be my first without albuterol.  And I was nervous for the 50K because hell, it's a 50K!  But other than that, no.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Ginny, same at my event, they ordered 400 shirts and sold every one of them, raised $8000 in one day.  They're putting in another order, and I'm sure those will sell out too.  It was a great run, probably 3/4 of the people there had on a Boston shirt or jacket, I was in awe.  I got to talk to some friends who were there, one who had just finished and was getting his medal when the first bomb went off, and another who was at the front of the runners that got stopped a couple of blocks from the finish.  This was the first time I have ever run with a group and chatted the whole time, it was actually really nice.  I do all of my running alone, so it was a nice change, even if it was just a short run, 2.62 miles.  I'm gonna have to start doing some group runs, there's tons of them in this area.

My new Type A5 racing flats were delivered today, so I wore them to the Runners for Boston run.  I was mad when I ordered them because I wanted the green ones, but RW didn't have them in my size, so I went with the blue ones.  When I opened the box today I realized that they are Boston colors, blue and yellow!  They are crazy light, only 5.8oz, and they say "Get Some!" on the heels. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Dave, those shoes look so fast that a sub-20 5K is just their starting point!

Mmmmm...beer

Dave, those shoes look so fast that a sub-20 5K is just their starting point!

I hope so!  Guess we'll find out on Saturday.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Dave, those looks like fast shoes... Go get that sub 20..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar