Beginners and Beyond

Ever seen someone sweat like this? (Read 179 times)

My buddy Bjorn and I went for a 7 mile run this morning. Weather was in the mid 60's. Slightly humid, but not too bad. Anyway, I knew that he sweat ALOT, but this is just ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM8zW9u7OQ

He said he lost 10 pounds on his last run. Hard not to believe him!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Which river did he cross during the run?

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Sloooow.

Eww, lol! No, I've never seen anyone sweat like that. That's pretty impressive,

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, that's insane.  I've had my shorts look like that after a run, but my feet have never been that wet.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Holy hell.  lol

B-Plus

omg I'm eating breakfast!

I don't think I am that bad, but my shoes stay soaked from sweat. It's pretty gross.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, I have.  Me, actually.  I can do that with my socks after every run I do.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

ROTFLMAO!!!

Ok, that was just a little REDONKULOUS!!

Randy

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I had a run a while back in which my shoes got squishy, but it was 12-13 miles in the 80's with high humidity.  That was insane.  He should probably get rid of the thick absorbent socks.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Yes.  I have.  Many times.  I have to change shorts as well during LRs because of that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I've known some people who are big sweaters. As for myself, I sweat more than I like, but then it changes to a salted dry feeling which is probably not good.

In transit, arriving on time. 

NC runner

Cyber-bro

In the summer, I'm just-got-out-of-a-pool drenched after about 8 miles. Your buddy needs to get some lightweight, non cotton socks that don't hold so much water.

DON'T BRO ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME

Walk-Jogger

My buddy Bjorn and I went for a 7 mile run this morning. Weather was in the mid 60's. Slightly humid, but not too bad. Anyway, I knew that he sweat ALOT, but this is just ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM8zW9u7OQ

He said he lost 10 pounds on his last run. Hard not to believe him!

Why was he wearing TWO pairs of socks? My feet get hot just wearing one thin pair.

Retired &  Loving It

B-Plus

In the summer, I'm just-got-out-of-a-pool drenched after about 8 miles. Your buddy needs to get some lightweight, non cotton socks that don't hold so much water.

Is that why you wear the mankini?