Beginners and Beyond

Eric's NC24 Race Report (Read 80 times)

LRS

Chasing Muses

Thanks everyone. It seems like as my legs feel better, missing the goal stings a little more. It's about time to get over it and focus on other races, but the Monday-Thursday morning Quarterbacking has been a little frustrating. I've been crunching the splits spreadsheet since it came out. Just fuel for the fire.

Thanks for all of the comments. I would recommend a timed event to anyone. It's such a welcoming format for a runner of any experience level. And NC24 is the cream of the crop!

Supersono99

Thank you for sharing your RR. Bummer that you didn't meet your goal. I really wish I lived closer and could experience this race, even as a crew member. Congrats on your 85 miles, that's mind boggling.

Docket_Rocket

Van, 2014 will be another Ultra year for sure. I have a marathon plan that might or might not play out. But if it doesn't, I have 2 Spring ultras to build upon, and the Fall is a blank slate. I'm only more driven by this, not discouraged (beyond these few days of moping and self-pity). Whatever it takes, the two ends of my belt will find a piece of hardware to tie them together soon ;-)

If you don't mind, can you let me know the ultras you have planned?  I have 2-3 and would like some ideas maybe to FE.  If you don't want to share here, PM me.

Are you doing MCM?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRS

Chasing Muses

Yep, running MCM. I'll track you down one way or another this time Wink

Right now I don't have any firm plans for next year. Probably an 8 hour (Icy-8) in Lake Anna, VA in February. Will enter the lottery for Bull Run Run again and if I dont get in I'll probably run a local 24-hour trail race in early May. I have an opportunity to run a big marathon in April, but not sure if I want to do that or not. Most of the races I have in mind are local, but I usually don't plan for the year until around January. I want to run a 100 next year as well, just not sure which one.

Zelanie

Congratulations on your accomplishment!  Great report and reflections!  It's so hard to look back at what might have gone different if only... , but it sounds like you did really well!

Of the three reports I've read from the race here, two mentioned "not eating enough early on will be a factor later", and yours mentions Chipotle, hehe!  I wouldn't have thought that Chipotle would be a better choice, but the ultra is a strange animal, I guess!  Also, I was wondering how they counted partial laps at the end.  Thanks for including that detail.