Beginners and Beyond

monkkey won a half marathon, but then she didn't (Read 184 times)

SheCan

Congratulations!  You really are a winner and soooo fast!  Not that I'd ever be in a position like yours, but I think I'd be really irked.  On to new races where you'll get the recognition you deserve.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Goorun

Yeah different races do different things, it would be another story if the fourth and fifth place males received the second and third place overall awards.

I came in second overall once and first male and got an award for both, but I never really talk about being the first male because coming in second meant more.  But that's just me.

As it is, write race reports more often!  Cool

Congratulations on a nice race! 

Is this still about running ?

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Damn, I've never heard of a race not distinguishing male/female divisions. I'd say you won it anyway.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Damn, I've never heard of a race not distinguishing male/female divisions. I'd say you won it anyway.

I've done one - first year race, organized by non-runners, mostly women (that's the strange part, in some respects). First 6 runners were all men so they got all the awards. They didn't get it - explanation was that they hadn't thought to split the awards between men and women - not that there were separate men's and women's divisions. I haven't done the race since, but primarily because of schedule (and 2ndly because the course wasn't all that interesting).

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog