Beginners and Beyond

Get Up Off That Thing, TUESDAILIES! (Read 259 times)

@runjerseygirl

Not as fast as me I bet:

MTA: I picked up a few lbs over the holidays.  Ignore that.

What's that in your hand?

Do you even run?

LRB

What's that in your hand?

Judging by the size of dat ass, I'd say it's a ball of dough and I'm racing off to make more pastries.  Bloof!

Big grin

Ball of Fury

Hi dailies!  Had a nice 6 mile run this morning, with the first 3.5 at 10:15 (with DH) and then 2 at GMP (9:09 and 9:06) and then jogged the last 1/2 mile home.  Felt pretty good and besides some whining and freaking out about the damn weather forecast, I am handling the taper madness well.  Well, at least I think so but DH may have other opinions.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles this morning with some light weights this evening.

Being on vacation/layoff can be a wonderful thing.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

AprilRunner, pretty and useful purchases.

AmiK, nice splits. For which race are you tapering?

Lori, cool run. Enjoy weight training.

Ami and others have spoken of this...What's taper madness?

I'm on my way to the gym now, to do weights and cardio. I'll do abs at home before bed.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

5 miles. I decided I should quit being lazy and attempt to "train" for an upcoming race.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Ball of Fury

Basya:  I am tapering for the Disney marathon this Sunday.  Basically, from what I can tell, taper madness is just a general panicky feeling during the taper that you aren't trained well enough, that you have little extra aches/pains everywhere, and that you need to run more!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Basya:  I am tapering for the Disney marathon this Sunday.  Basically, from what I can tell, taper madness is just a general panicky feeling during the taper that you aren't trained well enough, that you have little extra aches/pains everywhere, and that you need to run more!

Hilarious!

YAYpril - B-Plus

5.1 done! 10:24 average pace and the last .1 was at 7:47 pace. One of those feel good all around runs.

Docket_Rocket

8 with 10 X 100m.  I was very happy with this workout notwithstanding it was 82F and 70 dewpoint.

So, what's the race distance?  Spill the beans, woman!

5 miles. I decided I should quit being lazy and attempt to "train" for an upcoming race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

So, I walk into Lowe's for the sole purpose of looking at some remote on/off switches for a lamp. I also pick up a couple of furnace filters and some new weatherstripping for the basement door. Then I glance over at the tool department to check out belt sanders. While I'm there, i decide that I might as well get a new battery for my cordless DeWalt drill.

Well, seems that the batteries are a little expensive, so I stand there pondering whether to get the battery or just nurse the old ones along a little longer. While pondering, out of the corner of my eye, I spot a sale on a drill/driver and impact driver set with 2 18 volt lithium batteries for less than $100 more than just getting the battery alone.

So, now I have a new drill and a new impact driver. I need to start drilling holes in things. Lots of holes! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

5 miles. COUNT IT.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

8 with 10 X 100m.  I was very happy with this workout notwithstanding it was 82F and 70 dewpoint.

So, what's the race distance?  Spill the beans, woman!

It's just a ten-miler, but I haven't run ten miles since last May, so...

In transit, arriving on time. 

AmiK, thanks for the clarification.

AprilRunner, I love those kinds of runs that just feel good.

Damaris, great job on the strides.

catty, I . I've registered for several races to avoid laziness.

Weights, forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, and push-ups are done. I'm heading home for abs and dinner.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

OMG, that is exactly what I went through for the week or so prior to my first half. I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to run at the speed that I trained for. I felt like I was cheating myself. But the taper worked!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54