Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins 7/12 and 7/13 (Read 24 times)

Docket_Rocket

4 easy miles.

Z: good job. Smile  We better I hope we get a race report.

FYP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Mowed the yard and skipping the LR today to give me and my feet a rest.

Bin Running

Good job, Z

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

4 miles yesterday with Bella that pretty much turned into a walk/jog after 3/4 mile. I am pretty sure she is done running for the summer, so I'll wait for colder weather to get her back out(running). I'll still get her out for walks. Today I drove over to a nearby town to join a group run with hills, the course was 11.25, and then I added a few more.

Zel, I hope it went well, I haven't checked FB yet.

Pad, congrats on 3rd AG!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 easy miles.

Z: good job. Smile I hope we get a race report.

...with as many pictures as a Scotty RR.     CONGRATS  

4 slow miles for us this morning.  64DP and achy knees slowed me down.

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I will do a report later.  My watch has a full minute faster than the official time (1:58 on my Garmin), but what can you do.

It was a tough course (net downhill, but with some pretty tough parts), and of course the humidity was high.   It was supposed to rain by the finish but it didn't.  Not Damaris high, but racing at 65 degrees dew point is no joke, even if it's only in the low 70s.  I ran it with no taper and an off-course pit stop, and had to push through some mental demons in that 3rd 5K.  I feel like I got through them and finished strong, so I am happy with the results.

RR later.

Bin Running

Mel, could the official be gun time?

Did 3M before heading out to watch World Cup. Go Germany!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

No, gun time is even slower.  I think they have the start time incorrect- I crossed the first 5K mat around 26:30, and they have 27:43.

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Will come back for personals later, I'm about to doze off with a kitty curled up next to me - I love Sundays Smile

I wrapped up my 3rd 26 mile week in a row with 8.1 this morning. I finally feel like I'm adapting to summer running - took long enough! Cutback next week.

SheCan

Enjoying a quiet rest day.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Enjoying a quiet rest day.

Hangover?

hog4life

16 more miles on the bike.

tracilynn

I did 3.25 trail miles this morning. Hot n steam.  Unseasonable cool weather coming Wednesday. CAN'T WAIT

~~~~~~~

Traci