Beginners and Beyond

Dork (Read 150 times)

like I just don't care....   Big grin

Yes, and the imaginary crowd goes wild!

I have been known to high-5 trees and bushes. They are some of my biggest fans.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

SheCan

As for the dick vs dork debate......I'd be much obliged if somebody could turn this into a meltdown thread!   Haven't had one of those in a while, eh?

Well it IS Friday!  Thank goodness most runners have enough sense of humor to laugh at themselves.

My thing is, is that I always try to do a warmup before the race, but I'm such a slow runner anyway that it makes it kind of seem pointless.  Yet, its what a do.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

#artbydmcbride

Dork alert!  Big grin

Runners run

aponi

never runs the tangents

I like to lift my imaginary bike up over my head in victory when I finish a run.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

#artbydmcbride

You run with an imaginary bike?  Isn't that cheating?

Runners run

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I can only hope a stranger sees me running, calls me a dork and starts a whole thread about it.

Runner100

One winter night several years ago, my wife was driving home when she spotted a guy running with a blinking red light on the back of his shorts. "What a dork!" she muttered contemptuously. Then came the horrible realization that it was her husband.

B-Plus

I can only hope a stranger sees me running, calls me a dork and starts a whole thread about it.

Big grin This thread is dumb.

I must have looked like a dork today, oblivious to the fact that I had bird shit on my shorts.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I don't hit start until I am crossing the start line. And I don't stretch pre-run, unless I'm completely warmed up. Which, for me, won't happen with a long race because I need all the run I have just to complete the race. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I must have looked like a dork today, oblivious to the fact that I had bird shit on my shorts.

How did you get Bird shit on your shorts?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

This is 100% ok, especially when it's a tulip tree.

StepbyStep-SH

One winter night several years ago, my wife was driving home when she spotted a guy running with a blinking red light on the back of his shorts. "What a dork!" she muttered contemptuously. Then came the horrible realization that it was her husband.

Bwahaha!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

How did you get Bird shit on your shorts?

I would like to know. I guess it's kind of line sideways rain.