Beginners and Beyond

Another 5k RR from hog4life(with pics) (Read 79 times)

SheCan

This is such a lovely RR, Mitch.   You look fantastic in that shirt and really are an inspiration to people--- plus it doesn't hurt that you're speedy as heck.  Congratulations on placing 1st in your AG!   That's not too shabby for a spontaneous race!  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Way to go Mitch!

Zelanie

Congrats on the AG win!  You are getting so experienced at these! Love the Scottydog shirt too!

Bin Running

That's some impressive after night shift 5K time..  You did a good job on this.. Congrats..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Fast and inspirational.  That's quite the combination.  I know you're starting to lean toward longer distances.  I can't wait to see what you can do at a HM on a flatter course than your last one.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad the shirt fits you, Mitch, you look great in it, and thanks for wearing it!   I figured if I sent it to a speedy survivor like you, that way we survivors would have someone at the front of the pack too, since I take care of the back of the pack.  Joking

Congrats on your 5K and on your AG award, way to go!  Wishing you many more successful races in which you keep on inspiring  folks!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

I love reading your RRs, Mitch. They are always so happy, they are feel-good RRs. Smile You ran an awesome race and that Scotty shirt looks super on you! Congratulations on your AG award, that's such a great reward for a great effort! Thanks for sharing the great photos!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Mary, thanks for the mushy hug.

Jerry and Jack and Basya, thanks.

Bozy, thanks, Scotty is one of my running heroes.

Docket and Ginny, thanks.

Traci, thanks, you need to get ready for the Cotton Row 5k, I'd like to run with you if your ready.

Beth and Banshee, thank you.

SIAR, thank you, all the miles are paying off. That was funny about being Scotty's twin Big grin

B-Plus and Margo, thank you.

Di, thank you. If I wasn't doing this, not sure what I'd be doing, but probably nothing, and we know that isn't good for you, haha.

Cherie, Thanks, when the blonde lady came and told me about her family, I just wanted to cry for her losses. I was happy to share my story with her.

John and Bin, thanks

Zel, there are so many races around here that support such great causes, it's hard to pick any for a goal, but I love running in them.

Awood, I really want to focus just once on the 5k and put in the necessary training to see what I can really do. Bot, meh, longer is better I suppose.

Scotty, Thanks again for the shirt.

Julie, thank you. You are such an inspiration to me. I know several people that have just given up on life after they went through the same thing that you did. I guess some people have more determination than others to take their life back. I'm with you, I'm not giving up either.

delicate flower

Great job, Mitch!  So did you get a car or something for the AG win?

<3

hog4life

Great job, Mitch!  So did you get a car or something for the AG win?

LMAO, no, but I got a little card to Chick-Fil-A, for a free sandwich.

Pinktastic

Mitch - Congrats on the fabulous race!!   The spur-of-the-moment AG win is awesome!!   Thanks for sharing such a lovely RR with all of us!!   Love the pics too!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Snickers1230

Awesome race Mitch!  Congrats on the age group win!  Great pictures too Smile

You are definitely an inspiration!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

LRB

Looking good my man, looking real good!  But beware that shirt is a chick magnet, hope you are ready for that lol!

Congrats on yet another spur of the moment race, which you seem to excel at!