Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Tumble Into Tuesday! (Read 42 times)

LMAO@Hells Hills not supposed to be too hilly.  Sure it's not!  Just keep telling yourself that.   Good strategy -  that's what I'm going to try also. Hehe@ dodging cow patties.  That sounds like good trail training.  Although I've run on a number of trails around here, I've never done any trail racing, so i am a little nervous about it.

Docket-- thank you sweetie!

this is from the race director's info. I sure hope it isnt too bad. my town has 1 small hill. Out at my inlaw's there is one route that is rolie polie and has a big hill and then a good incline on a bridge.

Terrain
    A fair bit of rocks, a collection of rolling creek bed drop-ins and rollouts, a twistyturny
    riot of single-track trails, with the Wall & the Grind at the end of each loop. Not
    much for elevation. Mostly single-track through a forest of pines.

as far as being nervous, nerves can be good, but its still just running. you will be fine.

I on the other hand may have a heat stroke. Thats where the Hell comes from in the name and Hill comes from the guy that own's the ranch.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Just got back from PT.

Learned a lot about my body. My hips are externally rotated, and my femur is too far forward in my hip socket. I am quad dominate and my quads are significantly stronger than my glutes. My hips are weak, and tight, especially my gluteus medius. My calves are ridiculously tight (yeah knew that) and it does not allow for enough ankle flexibility, so since my foot can't flex up (dorsiflex) enough when I land, it rotates in leading to my overpronation. So the combination of the wonky hips and tight calves put a LOT of stress on my ITB when I run, and this issue was inevitable.

He spent an hour and a half evaluating me, adjusting me, stretching me and I already feel so much better. I can't wait to go back! I am going to go for the next few weeks and he is going to give me a home program next time I go, which is Thursday night!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I'm sure it will look like a mountain to me!

LMAO@Hells Hills not supposed to be too hilly.  Sure it's not!  Just keep telling yourself that.   Good strategy -  that's what I'm going to try also. Hehe@ dodging cow patties.  That sounds like good trail training.  Although I've run on a number of trails around here, I've never done any trail racing, so i am a little nervous about it.

Docket-- thank you sweetie!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Just got back from PT.

Learned a lot about my body. My hips are externally rotated, and my femur is too far forward in my hip socket. I am quad dominate and my quads are significantly stronger than my glutes. My hips are weak, and tight, especially my gluteus medius. My calves are ridiculously tight (yeah knew that) and it does not allow for enough ankle flexibility, so since my foot can't flex up (dorsiflex) enough when I land, it rotates in leading to my overpronation. So the combination of the wonky hips and tight calves put a LOT of stress on my ITB when I run, and this issue was inevitable.

He spent an hour and a half evaluating me, adjusting me, stretching me and I already feel so much better. I can't wait to go back! I am going to go for the next few weeks and he is going to give me a home program next time I go, which is Thursday night!

This all sounds fascinating and really encouraging!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I GOT THE RED AND BLACK FR10....LOL  I'm sure I will love it.

T-Rod - You're crazy man.   Awesome, but crazy.

Scotty - It's unfortunate that things like that happen, and its even worse when its even worse when it is a friend or family member.  Hopefully, someone else will see what can happen and rethink their options in life.

HopesMom - I hope you're on to something.  I love it when I can find an answer on my own.  I was having terrible knee pain before I started running, but it was only when I was seated for extended periods of time.  Oddly enough, running seems to have solved that problem.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - That's a lot of fancy words.  I hope it makes sense to you :-)  I'm just glad that you're feeling better, and I hope the improvement continues.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

hog4life

Scotty, I'm sorry to hear about Gail's neice.

Tomas, I'll let you borrow my hill for training, but you have to promise to bring it back. I'll need it as I prepare the the half that Traci and I are doing. Smile

Tomas, I'll let you borrow my hill for training, but you have to promise to bring it back. I'll need it as I prepare the the half that Traci and I are doing. Smile

are you going to ship it or should i go pick it up Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: when is the next hm?

hog4life

Hog: when is the next hm?

April 6th, I'm taking it easy this week, then will jump back in the RH plan at week 5.

hog4life

are you going to ship it or should i go pick it up Smile

If you can get your hands on one of them big Texas sized trucks, you can come pick it up. Joking

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

What I deduced is that I'm just a hot mess lol. Hoping he can fix me!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

What I deduced is that I'm just a hot mess lol. Hoping he can fix me!

Girl you're gonna be fine!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

If you can get your hands on one of them big Texas sized trucks, you can come pick it up. Joking

If you want a truck that can move an entire hill, then you need to get one of those monsters down in mining areas.  We build some liners for those.  When you have to ship pieces of a bed liner as oversized loads, that's a big ole truck.  I think they build those trucks on site.  There's no way they've ever seen roads.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Cool. I just did my planned 6x800 intervals at hm pace. I had no idea what a 7:40 pace is so I just ran and they ended up being around 7:20 each. I was just listening to the garmin to beep. The whole run was 5.83 miles in a steady rain and it felt good!