Beginners and Beyond

Obligatory Friday Meltdown Thread (or: Kay goes 3/3 for her February Goals) (Read 292 times)

MrNamtor

So, since this thread was created from a previous thread because it had turned into a butt pic thread, and now this is no longer a but pic thread since the relevant photos have been removed, do we need create another new thread based on what this one has turned into? Which I guess is the arguments for & against the existence butt pic threads. Which now that I think of it doesn't sound that interesting after all. Not when compared to butt pic threads.

If you're going to bend the spoon you must not try to bend the spoon. There is no spoon. Only in this way can you bend the spoon.

happylily

No, and frankly I haven't seen much over there lately that offends me. I'm sorry if you think I'm a prude or living in the 1950's but I think it's crass and classless to always be injecting sex and whatnot into things. Also, L&O having their own group, they do not profess to be a beginner runners' forum. I do not give a crap if you think I look like a prude. I'd rather have a reputation for being a prude than for being foul mouthed, all about sex, and married and flirting incessantly with other men on the Internet. I'm laying it all out there. I'm tired of biting my tongue when you (you plural ad figuratively, not just you Lily) want to turn on me and call me a prude and judgmental. Fine then, I'll just be myself and not hold back. Of course this is just my opinion so obviously feel free to totally ignore it. But by being so defensive about it, it leads me to think the people involved might actually see my point.

In all honesty, between you and me, I agree with some of what you say here. Classless? Yes.. Attention seeking? Definitely. But in the end, yes, I think you're a prude if you keep on talking about reputation whenever it's a woman who mentions sex.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I never said whenever a woman mentions sex. But the same people inject it into thread after thread in a running forum.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Dr. Cornsitter

No, and frankly I haven't seen much over there lately that offends me. I'm sorry if you think I'm a prude or living in the 1950's but I think it's crass and classless to always be injecting sex and whatnot into things. Also, L&O having their own group, they do not profess to be a beginner runners' forum. I do not give a crap if you think I look like a prude. I'd rather have a reputation for being a prude than for being foul mouthed, all about sex, and married and flirting incessantly with other men on the Internet. I'm laying it all out there. I'm tired of biting my tongue when you (you plural ad figuratively, not just you Lily) want to turn on me and call me a prude and judgmental. Fine then, I'll just be myself and not hold back. Of course this is just my opinion so obviously feel free to totally ignore it. But by being so defensive about it, it leads me to think the people involved might actually see my point.

MJ, You shouldn't be feeling attacked just as FS shouldn't be feeling attacked. Having your own personal preference and boundaries about what is acceptable behavior on a forum is everyone's right. So let's stop flinging insults like "crass and classless" and "prude and huffy puffy". I appreciate that you'd care enough about other ladies here to warn them about posting pics. I myself don't like posting pictures with my face in them except on FB where I can (somewhat) control who sees them, but if you're actually offended versus concerned, then don't open the thread. Offending others bc you're offended isn't right.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

happylily

I never said whenever a woman mentions sex. But the same people inject it into thread after thread in a running forum.

Okay.. we get it. Do you hear people? MJ5 DOESN'T LIKE IT IF YOU TALK ABOUT SEX. IT OFFENDS HER, DAMN IT! SO STOP IT! IT'S A RUNNING FORUM!

Happy, now?

happylily

If you're going to bend the spoon you must not try to bend the spoon. There is no spoon. Only in this way can you bend the spoon.

And you, you read too much Asian crap. Big grin

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Okay.. we get it. Do you hear people? MJ5 DOESN'T LIKE IT IF YOU TALK ABOUT SEX. IT OFFENDS HER, DAMN IT! SO STOP IT! IT'S A RUNNING FORUM!

Happy, now?

Yes, if only people will listen to that.

happylily

Yes, if only people will listen to that.

I'd slap you, but I like you too much. Big grin

Okay... next subject? We need more blood spilled and I'm full of energy today. Big grin

RSX

I'm control C and V challenged on here apparently, but the description of this forum does mention that non-running related subjects are posted here in addition to what we have in common. If I want to see threads that talk about running all the time I check out the other forums here, which I rarely do.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'd slap you, but I like you too much. Big grin

Okay... next subject? We need more blood spilled and I'm full of energy today. Big grin

Truce?

happylily

Better I Leave

Happy, now?

So I guess now is not the time to say that the real reason I run is to improve my cardiovascular fitness level for marathon sex sessions?

Docket_Rocket

That's a Matrix reference....

And you, you read too much Asian crap. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Isn't that running related anyway?

So I guess now is not the time to say that the real reason I run is to improve my cardiovascular fitness level for marathon sex sessions?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

My InknBurn tech tanks are being delivered today. I'm gonna model them sans shorts, k?

<3