Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

Chairman

Pace and speed are relative, no different than income or education level.

I'm poor and stupid by the way.  Big grin

Seriously though, everyone one of us wishes we were faster.  Every single one of us.

I've always considered myself to be 20 seconds per mile from being fast. Undecided

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

I've always considered myself to be 20 seconds per mile from being fast. Undecided

Whatever, speed demon.

Do you even run?

B-Plus

You are doing amazing and getting so much faster. I think the same thing as you and Basya, though, when I compare my paces v. Scrape's or Jay's or B-Plus or SIAR's...

Yup, it's all relative. Strange to see myself compared in the same sentence as those fast mofos tho.

Better I Leave

All joking aside, I am happy with where my pace was on my last few runs.  

As well you should my friend. You just keep on keeping on...Smile

Just B.S.

Do you wear a bathing cap? I didn't for the first lesson this past week, but will definitely be wearing one from now on. Everyone has one and my hair was trashed from taking my goggles on and off. I guess a little protection is better than none at all.

Yes I always wear a cap but my hair is still wet when I get out of the pool so I know the chlorine is still getting

at my hair.

I have to admit I was a little happy at my 3rd session, it was a different coach and we chatted a bit at the beginning,

told him I haven't really swam in years blah blah blah. Halfway thru the session he asked me if I had ever swam

competitively........so I guess I'm not doing too badly, just need a lot of time in the pool to get my swimming fitness

and strokes back to where they used to be when I was younger..