Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Offering $100.00 To All Members - Inquire Within (Read 302 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Kristin: This routine helped me a lot. ITB Rehab

I still (try to) do it once or twice a week for maintenance.

Jeepofspades

LRB: thanks, I try to make people laugh even if it is at my expense. Posted a picture of my sidekick on FB!

runmomto3boys

Kristin:  The PT thinks my fibular head - this bone by my knee - got "stuck" and was causing me pain - I had to bail on a bunch of recent runs/take a bunch of days off.  I am hoping that since he treated it yesterday, that my run will be OK tonight.  If not, I have to go back tomorrow and see if he can figure out what the problem is.

Strengthening DVD stuff, done - hips, core, legs...check.

LRB

Kristin: This routine helped me a lot. ITB Rehab

I am currently doing most of those, or similar moves in my rehab sessions. That's a great resource.  Thanks for posting!

Ball of Fury

Morning everyone!  It was icy and cold and dark this morning, and my ITB is so tight it hurts to walk, so I ended up with an URD.  Hopefully, I can get my 8 in tomorrow, then 6 on Saturday, and 13-14 Sunday to finish up our first taper week!  Hope everyone has a good run today and those of us with injuries heal quickly!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Luke79

I'm going to head to the trails for about 5 or 6 today.

I just got a nice new HP Pavilion desktop and Windows 8 is kicking my ass.  This is going to take some getting used to.

Zelanie

Morning!  Today I think I'll run 7 again.  It will still  be a low mileage week for me, but my HM plan starts on Monday!

Heidi- Good luck on your run today!

Kristin- Since I decided MY ITBS was from too much too soon, what I did was took a week off with stretching and rolling.  Then I cut way back on my miles coming back.  I think I started with 2.5 miles, every other day and built back up from there, of course with strectching and rolling.

It took *forever* to get back to where I was and I don't think I'd cut back that far next time.  But, it solved the problem completely.

aponi

never runs the tangents

First day back at work since Friday so no more waiting around until it warms up to go running. 4 something miles in the freaking COLD and dark. DH went into work early so he was gone by the time I got back. I'm sure it was on purpose so he didn't have to hear about the COLD. Worse he parked in the neighbor's driveway because they're out of town so it looks like someone is home. That blew my usual strategy of parking behind him so he has to scrape my windows when he moves my car out of his way.

my life is so tough

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, guys.  I really want to get this thing back to normal asap.  I don't think mine is from TMTS, since, though I've built my mileage up recently, it only started to flare up after a couple of weeks of greatly reduced mileage...  My BIL gave me some hip strengthening exercises to do along with the stretching and rolling.  He told  me that he was out for 3 months with ITBS and I was like "noooo!"  But it seemed that he pushed it a lot more than I have (in his pre-PT days) so was really hoping to hear this would not  be the case for me.

In other, unrelated, news- facebook just decided to inform me that it filters my messages into "inbox" and "other".  I was never aware of the "other" so had messages in there from *months* ago.  Including a couple from jhparks.  Not bummed that I missed those ones.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Chairman

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, guys.  I really want to get this thing back to normal asap.  I don't think mine is from TMTS, since, though I've built my mileage up recently, it only started to flare up after a couple of weeks of greatly reduced mileage...  My BIL gave me some hip strengthening exercises to do along with the stretching and rolling.  He told  me that he was out for 3 months with ITBS and I was like "noooo!"  But it seemed that he pushed it a lot more than I have (in his pre-PT days) so was really hoping to hear this would not  be the case for me.

In other, unrelated, news- facebook just decided to inform me that it filters my messages into "inbox" and "other".  I was never aware of the "other" so had messages in there from *months* ago.  Including a couple from jhparks.  Not bummed that I missed those ones.

Do any snow running recently? It has caused me IT band issues before.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Will run for scenery.

Morning fellow cripples!

My knee is feeling a little "off" so I'm taking a rest day as well.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

I usually go see my massage therapist after a long run where my ITB band gets tight and that helps a lot. Of course, I had one a few weeks ago but didn't have the $ for the therapy, and I've been paying for it since. Just got it and I feel sooooo much better. We'll see how tonight's 4 mile goes.

Docket_Rocket

Whenever my hamstrings and ITB are sore from running, the MT at the chiro place attempts to correct the soreness.  Good thing he knows how to hold my body because he would get slapped or kicked a lot, apart from being cursed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Do any snow running recently? It has caused me IT band issues before.

Hmm, yes.  I'm in Maine.  The day before it started acting up, I went for my first real snow run.  Cut it short after 3 miles because of the bad road conditions.  And actually fell a couple of times, which is what I first blamed for the pain when it cropped up 1 mile into my run the next day, also in snow.  Wouldn't that be something, if that was the culprit.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Luke79

Well, circumstances kept me in the neighborhood today.  I chose quality over quantity I suppose.

3.27 miles @ 8:15 with hills, felt good.

I'm ready for a nice LSD now.