Beginners and Beyond

Who the Hell is Running This Show Wednesdailies?! (Read 80 times)

Jess runs for bacon

The next person basking in their nice weather will be flown to Miami for two weeks of 90F and 77DP running.

I'll come down to Miami for two weeks. I'm not going to run down there, but i'll come down Smile

Ric-G

morning everyone...no real heat to gripe about as temps finally felt more normal thankfully...there was even a nice cloud cover...ran 11 this AM with 10 @7:28....waiting for soccer tryout results for my older son...interesting when kids are nervous about something but don't want to admit it....have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I'll come down to Miami for two weeks. I'm not going to run down there, but i'll come down Smile

Here take this with you.  It's the shit us northerners have to deal with four months out of the year, and it's coming!

Docket_Rocket

Yes, bring that with you, please.  At the pace my weather is going, Chicago could be in the 80s and I would wear arm warmers it will feel so cold.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That's funny!  Does Chicago weather have its own tab on your computer yet, or is it too soon for that just yet?

Docket_Rocket

I checked it yesterday but so far I have been good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The only thing that worries me is that if hot, there might not be a PR.  So, we'll see.  If anyone can pull a hot weather marathon and PR is me.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Hey all, usually don't post in these dailies, but what the hell.

My "back from the dead" is going pretty well. I told myself starting Saturday that I was doing 3 - 3.5 miles daily until the end of the month. It was really more for rebuilding the habit of running than anything else. However, my quads feel very sore / tired and leg day is coming up on Friday. Not sure if I should just push through it or if I should maybe take a day off and let them recover a bit. Guess I will see how they feel tonight once I get home.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

MothAudio

Can't believe it but I'll have to postpone my run to tonight as I'm sore from yesterday's workout!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

9.3 done this morning before work.  Had to seriously think about whether or not to wear a long sleeve shirt!  Opted for a short sleeve and was comfortable, hands were a little cold for the first couple miles, but then I warmed up nicely.  Damaris, I will gladly come run in the heat, so long as I can sit on the beach the rest of the time there, I could use a vacation! Smile

It felt weird to wear my xinglet again, I haven't been wearing it since I've been running shirtless all summer.  But I figured if I'm wearing a shirt again, I should try to be safe and stop running in stealth mode.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the canceled marathon, SUS.

Oski, I hope you don't have a tear in your hip!  Even a small tear is really annoying. I had a small tear in my calf a couple years back and that darn thing took 8 flippin' weeks to heal! And I could not run  while it was healing, every time I tried to, I could really feel it in my calf; and the doc said if I kept running I risked making it even worse, maybe making it a bit larger, which would be even more time off.  So 8 weeks of going stir-crazy, waiting for that thing to heal, even though I did do some walking and pool running.  Let me tell you, Gail too was VERY happy when I could run again, lol, didn't have to listen to my whining any more.

The deer is in the street?  So now, Oski, everyone in your neighborhood can pass the buck.

How are you feeling today after yesterday’s “run in” with the texting idiot?  Well, Sarah, I'm feeling a little RUN DOWN. Joking  Actually, pretty good.  Only a small bruise on the side of my heel, but I am able to walk normally, no limping, etc. As for the getting knocked down...well, I have plenty of practice falling, lol, that's one thing I know how to do!  So no major issues from that either.  I count myself very lucky.    Did you get any rain from that 'wasted' hurricane that was in the Gulf near Mexico?  Our weather guys said we should get some pretty good rain...but it didn't happen.  Oh, we got rain..it rained for about an hour, then fizzled out...nothing like the 2 days of rain they predicted for us.  Idiots. Some places around here got it good, though, but not where I am.   Kinda good news/bad news about your foot, but the no pin is definitely good news.  Sorry about the continued cast and no running for a while after you get out of it.   I hope you get good news about your monitor data when you go to that appointment!  Take care!  I will be up Dallas way one of these days and we'll get in an FE.

LRB, you do realize NASCAR is not a sport... definitely a high-level skill that takes a lot of talent...but not a sport... Wink

Antibiotics, what?  You mean they're not going to remove the nail completely for your ingrown nail, Hobbit?  I'm so disappointed for you, I wanted you to have the full experience.  Wink    Congrats on your BP and pulse rate results!

Safe travel for your work, Marjorie!

Enjoy the rest days, Zelanie, and hope they get you well prepared for your half  training coming up.  You work some long hours, you teachers certainly are dedicated and have a lot of patience!

I have run for two hours on a treadmill before and basically it is an attitude adjustment, but once made, it is running.  Me slothing under high sun, in high heat and humidity is not.  You're going about warm-weather running the wrong way, LRB.  See, what you do is go to an area where there are lots of runners - park, military base, etc.  The ladies tend to wear lots less in hot weather than in cold. So you just run and enjoy counting all the Great Legs you see along the way..you won't even notice the heat.   Nice mental trick to put the heat out of your mind.    Big grin

The next person basking in their nice weather will be flown to Miami for two weeks of 90F and 77DP running.  Gee, Damaris, I would not mind that at all. Especially since I'd be chasing you.  Big grin

Glad your weather is cooperating for you again, Ric.  Hope your son gets good news!

Welcome to the dailies, Jimmy!  Lots of good folks here, and several of we "Penguins" are on both threads.  Yeah, don't push it for now, better safe than sorry, build back up gradually.

Moth, so sorry to hear you are having some soreness issues. Hope you are back to your old self in no time!   So if you are "Moth", does that make your wife 'Myth" - a female moth?  Big grin

Nice running, Dave.  Always amazes me how you, Marjorie, etc., get that many miles in before work.  Y'all are either very speedy or get up really early!  Or both!  At my pace, to get in 9 miles before work - if I even could DO 9 miles anymore - I'd have to get up at about 2 a.m., lol.

Anyone else have the Geico camel commercial going through their head today?  Well, I knew it was Wednesday today cuz when I woke up this morning I had a hump. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Hey Dailies,

Pink - Thanks for the update and I'm sorry the recovery is not going as well as you had hoped. I hope it won't be much longer for you now.

I ran 8 miles yesterday @ around 7:50 and I'm quite surprised at how quickly I recovered from Staurday's 10k. I'm planning to do tempo intervals tonight.

Hip Redux

Can't believe it but I'll have to postpone my run to tonight as I'm sore from yesterday's workout!

A good sore or a bad sore?

Hey all, usually don't post in these dailies, but what the hell.

My "back from the dead" is going pretty well. I told myself starting Saturday that I was doing 3 - 3.5 miles daily until the end of the month. It was really more for rebuilding the habit of running than anything else. However, my quads feel very sore / tired and leg day is coming up on Friday. Not sure if I should just push through it or if I should maybe take a day off and let them recover a bit. Guess I will see how they feel tonight once I get home.

Ok, wait, back from the dead?  What happened?

Jess runs for bacon

7 hilly on the TM done. LRB, I liked captain America. Got a little sniffly at the end too.

LRB

So now, Oski, everyone in your neighborhood can pass the buck.

That was bad lmao!

D2, I did long sleeves yesterday and they were a bit much, which I why I went with the arm sleeves and they were just right...plus I like to look good so there is that.

SUS, every time I shout you out you disappear but here goes nothing; nice run!

Supp BP, I miss the track something awful!