Beginners and Beyond

Let's Own it Today, Tuesday, Penguins (Read 35 times)

From the Internet.

EEK. 3.43 miles entirely too fast. Splits were 9:55, 9:35, 9:31, and last .43 was 4:01. I may pay for this tomorrow.. then again, I felt *really* good, so maybe I won't.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Lauren - well done!

Bin - ankle injuries SUCK.  Hang in there...

Dave - Director of a 911/Dispatch Center.  It has been my career goals for most of my career.  No sweat if I don't get this, I'm at a good place but the opportunity to promote to Director here is slim.

AFM - finally settling in after work. It is amazing how fast the time goes by when you're busy.

Dad on the run.

N-Bug - Best of luck in getting that job! I know exactly where you are coming from as I myself am in the process of trying to find / obtain another job..

AFM - Was planning on running this AM before DW left for work but my daughter decided to wake up before my wife left for work as well and I wasn't up for a stroller run, I need some me time to just sort things out on the run.

Sooo.... I have been playing phone tag since last week with a (hope to be potential employer). He called me back lastnight but I was at work and was unable to answer the phone and of course today I call and I get his voicemail. I'm really really really hoping that he will give me an interview and he sees something in me that just really stands out. I know I don't meet all the qualifications that they are looking for in a employee  but its what I went to college for and I really want to get my hands dirty but every job I interview its always the same "we need someone with more experience". Of course I always want to answer "how the hell am I suppose to get experience if you all give me the same damn answer" but I just say I understand, shake hands and come back to the job I have now... But this time its going to be different! This time I'm going to prove I'm capable! I need this before I lose my mind working swing shift and staring at screens all freaking day long!!!!

Well anways thats my job story and I'm really praying that I get it. Driving 110 miles everyday starts to wear on your and this place is only 18 miles from my house. 36 vs 110, I'm all for that Smile

Oh and I'm running tomorrow morning! Week and a half and I'm ready to get back out there. Going to take Brody and Carter with me and just enjoy the fresh cold morning air!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

She -- my MIL suffers from migraines, and she said that she read a book by the former director of neurology at Johns Hopkins who had food-related suggestions for avoiding migraines.  I have no idea what the book was, but you might do some internet searching and see if it helps!

Thanks, Hopesmom.  Yes, I'm pretty sure they are food related, and also running related.  I've always been prone towards them, but when I'm training a lot they get much worse, and have been happening too much lately.  It's still better than an injury though.  I tried several search terms on google looking for what you were talking about and I'm not sure I found it, but I'll keep looking. Thank you :-)

Jblack- no wonder you've been burned out!  All that driving on top of trying to keep up with a running schedule would total stress anyone.  Good luck with the job you're trying for.  That 36 mile commute sounds a whole lot more doable in the long term.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

GOod luck with getting that interview jimmy!!

I have my first interview tomorrow for a big girl nurse job!! I am SOOOO nervious!!

N-Bug - Best of luck in getting that job! I know exactly where you are coming from as I myself am in the process of trying to find / obtain another job..

AFM - Was planning on running this AM before DW left for work but my daughter decided to wake up before my wife left for work as well and I wasn't up for a stroller run, I need some me time to just sort things out on the run.

Sooo.... I have been playing phone tag since last week with a (hope to be potential employer). He called me back lastnight but I was at work and was unable to answer the phone and of course today I call and I get his voicemail. I'm really really really hoping that he will give me an interview and he sees something in me that just really stands out. I know I don't meet all the qualifications that they are looking for in a employee  but its what I went to college for and I really want to get my hands dirty but every job I interview its always the same "we need someone with more experience". Of course I always want to answer "how the hell am I suppose to get experience if you all give me the same damn answer" but I just say I understand, shake hands and come back to the job I have now... But this time its going to be different! This time I'm going to prove I'm capable! I need this before I lose my mind working swing shift and staring at screens all freaking day long!!!!

Well anways thats my job story and I'm really praying that I get it. Driving 110 miles everyday starts to wear on your and this place is only 18 miles from my house. 36 vs 110, I'm all for that Smile

Oh and I'm running tomorrow morning! Week and a half and I'm ready to get back out there. Going to take Brody and Carter with me and just enjoy the fresh cold morning air!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

stopping by to say Big grin

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

GinnyinPA

jblack - I can't imagine doing that kind of commute, especially for a job you don't enjoy.  But it can be difficult to get someone to hire you without experience.   Good luck.  I hope they are willing to talk with you.

Shecan - migraines are the pits.  My stepdaughter has suffered for years from them.  I had heard about the dietary connection, but i'm surprised that exercise triggers them.  Seems counterintuitive.  Usually exercise gets the blood flowing, which should help.  I hope you can get a handle on them.

Lauren - great times on your run.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck tori!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Good luck Tori!  What hospital are you interviewing with?

Bin Running

Ginny, there is no bruising. Just a little swollen on 1st day. So, it should be a minor one. Smile

Jimmy, good luck with getting that interview.

Tori, good luck with the interview.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Oops, I didn't take it easy today.  I got home from work unexpectedly early, with a couple hours of daylight left, so I headed out.  I know I have things to do this weekend, so I ended up making today my LR day.  I could definitely feel yesterday's workout, but that kept me from pushing the pace too hard, and I ended up running my first-ever 12 miler!  I promise that I'll take it easy for the rest of the week, though!

The last couple of miles were in the dark, and I did trip and scrape me knee, though.  I made the mistake of showing it to DH, who grumped about me running in the dark.

It was dry when I left home, then dumped rain on me for the next 3 miles, then was dry the rest of the way except for the wind that came up for the last two.  My hands were numb even in my gloves when I got back!

Ginny- I am about a month into my 15-week plan.  So far, so good!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh and good luck jblack missed your post about the job hunt before.

Lauren looks like you're improving a lot now that you're back to running! Yay!

Zelanie wow way to go!!!! How long til your half again??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

....except for the knee Zelanie hope it's ok!

GinnyinPA

Nice run Zelanie - aside from the fall.  Are you taking lessons from Scotty?

Tori - good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Zelanie

Kristin- Just over two months.  I'm finally at the point where I'm pretty sure I can finish, so now I just get to work on being able to finish strong!  The knee is fine, not even bruised, just a scrape.

Jimmy- Hoping you are able to get an interview soon!