Beginners and Beyond

TomTom Runner? (Read 62 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Like she said, charges through the computer.  Here's what the charger looks like, connects via USB port.

Thanks. That cradle looks like it might work a little better than the clip-connection for my Garmin. I wish they could figure out a way to just use a mini or micro-USB port on the watch so you don't have to wiggle things around to match up four points, or try to keep the points clean when they are against your skin for runs.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Thanks. That cradle looks like it might work a little better than the clip-connection for my Garmin. I wish they could figure out a way to just use a mini or micro-USB port on the watch so you don't have to wiggle things around to match up four points, or try to keep the points clean when they are against your skin for runs.

The cradle is pretty solid - sort of snaps into place.  But yeah, in general, if electronics could all get on the same page in terms of chargers, that would be great.

Docket_Rocket

Never had an issue with it.  I got  a new watch after I broke my start button and I am still using the old cradle.  It works really well.  And now I have a spare.  Yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How long does your battery last?  My last charge was only 4 hours with the HRM on. Should I disable the HRM when I'm not running?

Docket_Rocket

How long does your battery last?  My last charge was only 4 hours with the HRM on. Should I disable the HRM when I'm not running?

Weird.  I use mine for up to a week.  But I have the Cardio Multisport.  I just keep it on the charger all the time but when I have traveled with the watch, it stays on for a week as well (not being worn, kept on my night table or purse).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Make sure the backlight is not on "night" setting (always on) - that will drain the battery fast.

PADRunner

Weird.  I use mine for up to a week.  But I have the Cardio Multisport.  I just keep it on the charger all the time but when I have traveled with the watch, it stays on for a week as well (not being worn, kept on my night table or purse).

Why'd you go with the multisport?

Still reading dcrainmakers review.

Docket_Rocket

Why'd you go with the multisport?

Still reading dcrainmakers review.

To bike with it.  I also had the 910 Garmin and I used it for biking so I thought it was a better idea to have the chance to use it with the bike.

Damaris

Fundraising Page