Beginners and Beyond

Show the Light Decorations in Your Neigborhood! (Read 59 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two weeks till Christmas...Let the Holiday Lights Shows begin!

My lovely wife Gail finally admitted she was sick enough to go to the doctor - after a week of misery - so I made an appointment for her on Thursday (Dec 11) and took her to the doc.  Had to postpone my planned after work run for a bit,  but that's okay....Gail is worth more than a run... 

After we got home, THEN I changed into my running gear to do a little jaunt around the neighborhood.  Went in to tell Gail I was going, but she had already crawled into bed and zonked out.  Our latest family addition, Sinatra T. Siamese, was lying beside her, watching over her....

He was not thrilled with me waking him up...gave me a look, lol...

So I headed out for my run round the hood.  Since it was beginning to get dark, I took my camera with me and got some photos of some of the holiday lights the neighbors had put up.   I ended up with 4 miles total run/walk on my timer, but was actually out there a bit longer, since I stopped my timer each time I took some photos, and then started it once more when I was running again, so I'd get my complete run/walk time in.   My camera is not the best for night shots, but I think you can make out most of the lights, etc.

My neighbor's house, right across the street from me.  This photo really does not do it justice....there is enough light glowing from her house to see a dime on the street in the middle of the night, lol.

Up the street a bit from where I live...

And around my neighborhood I went...

We don't have snow where I live (thank goodness!) and when I did this run/walk  between 6 and 7 pm the temp was 70 degrees, so I was running in shorts and a singlet.  Definitely not 'winter' weather, lol.   Even so, lots of folks in the snow-free parts of Texas (it does actually snow up in the Panhandle area and North Texas, and parts of East Texas) try to get into the spirit with their holiday lights.  It was a very nice outing.

Show the lights in YOUR neighborhood!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice pics :-)

I don't technically have a neighborhood. ...but maybe this weekend I will drive through my grandparents' hood.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, there is one by my house that looks like Christmas Vacation.  I'll take a picture.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

oops

sheepla

I live in a little mill town referred to as Christmastown USA.  800 people live here and about 600,000 cars go through between 12/1 and 12/26.

http://www.mcadenville-christmastown.com/

Here is what my "neighborhood" looks like at night:

dark

Hope Gail feels better.  And, I love that your new cat is Sinatra the Siamese!  He matches my Siberia the .5 Siamese Smile

PADRunner

Special Lights on Reunion Tower for the Dallas Marathon.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yer funny, Jay.  lol.

Here is what my "neighborhood" looks like at night:

dark

Hope Gail feels better.  And, I love that your new cat is Sinatra the Siamese!  He matches my Siberia the .5 Siamese Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Special Lights on Reunion Tower for the Dallas Marathon.

Wow, PAD, and the sun even came out at night too, to shine below it! Only in Dallas...

Docket_Rocket

Here are some of that house I mentioned.  Bottom floor (I messed up with my finger blacking some parts out):

Top part:

Close up of upstairs:

Everything moves and sings.

This is another house we liked:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page