Beginners and Beyond

How Many Friday Peguins Could Get A Flitch? (Read 33 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

45 min walk on nice, cool track.  Ran a half lap w/dw sometimes when she lapped me, so I ended up with a 108 HR.  Hip was good.

Looks like this is the last hot day for us.  Enjoy the shoes AW.  You can knock off early, Margo.

tracilynn

Bin, your running log is so colorful and pretty!  Nice streak.

ANson, NEW SHOES. WOOHOO

mel, so glad your doggy is okay

Margo, lol about being hungry and at home.  It is hard when the pantry is just steps away.

Hey scotty, dave, damaris,Jerry, ginnySmile

I normally run at night but got up at 6am and ran this morning.  Our DEWPOINT is always lower in the morning.  Even though it was 99% humidity it felt soooo much cooler.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, aside from the kitchen being so easily available, enjoy the working from home, Margo.

Happy new shoes, Awood!

Hope your walk went well, Jerry, or goes well. How many circles can your DW run around you during one walk?

Happy truck shopping, Ginny!

Glad to hear the news on your doggie, Z, hope the antibiotics heal her right up!

Leaving work early today for an MRI of my head.   Had a short vertigo episode yesterday - not fun at all -  and the docs are still trying to figure out why I have that...nothing wrong with my ears, etc.  Luckily, my vertigo seems to be 'head positional" related, usually when I am lying down, and very mild, thank goodness.  Even so, it's damned annoying when it kicks up, with the room spinning around.  They (the docs) will also check my head aneurism to make sure there's been no change in it.

Dang, I sure do have a list of  'watchful waiting" stuff, lol - gall bladder (stones), left kidney (simple cyst), aneurism in my head, small hernia.. none of these are really causing me any problems, pain, etc.,  right now, so the docs are like, "well, we don't want to do surgery unless we have to, so we will just  monitor all this for now, and if there are any changes, then we will go from there."    The students and interns at the teaching hospital I go to LOVE me when I show up, I'm a walking-talking living, breathing "medical classroom", lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Good luck with the MRI, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Good luck with the MRI Scotty.

Jerry - glad to hear that your hip didn't act up today.

Traci - good job getting the early start.  As hot as it's been, it's either that or nighttime if you want to be outside.

Our truck shopping was cancelled. I looked at how far it was (2.5 hours one way) and said, "No way!"  In better weather we could take the dog and stop for a walk/hike along the way.  Today it was just going to be a long hot drive and having to deal with Harrisburg at rush hour on the way home for a vehicle that is awfully expensive for so many miles.  So we went to a local creamery for a sandwich and homemade ice cream instead.

hog4life

Zel, hope your dog feels better! I think Bella is back to 100% finally.

Jerry, glad the hip is starting to feel better.

I did 6 miles last night starting a 6:00 pm, boy was it hot! My foot is really sore today, so no more running till next week.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - I hope some time off takes care of that foot.

So yeah!  I picked up the new shoes, got home and couldn't wait to get them out on the road!  They're the exact same shoe that I've been running in, except they are a different color and they have zero miles on them.  I think the old pair still feel great, but WOW do the new ones feel good.  The temperature was 95 degrees, and the dew point 70.  So, I got to hear all of the, "You shouldn't be runnin' in this heat and sun", comments.  Didn't phase me much.  I just kept reminding myself that it's better than Florida.  Paces weren't too bad either, and I even stopped to give a guy directions.  You know people in cars always seem to think the runner knows where such and such street is.  Oh well.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Are these the Ravenna 4's?  What color?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just got the crazy green and yellow ones.  The other pair is the red and yellow.  I shouldn't get them confused...lol

Are these the Ravenna 4's?  What color?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

oohhhh, red and yellow could pass for Cyclone shoes.  I better order a pair.

Bin Running

Jerry, better hip need celebration with new shoes. Of course!

Scotty, hope its nothing on the MRI. Are you training for the thong run?

Traci, I like it to be colorful.

Ginny, sorry the truck shopping doesn't work out. I'm sure a good deal will come along soon.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar