Beginners and Beyond

Frigorific Friday Penguins (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Awww, Obie, what a day.  Stay strong, and hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

Ahem.  She looks nothing like me! Scotty and Baconista need glasses:

Hey now! I've never run into the back of a horse or off a trail into a creek! But I have nearly run into a tree and sorta missed the belt on a treadmill and maybe tripped a little...

And Traci - I PM'ed you the link Smile

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Hey now! I've never run into the back of a horse or off a trail into a creek! But I have nearly run into a tree and sorta missed the belt on a treadmill and maybe tripped a little...

And Traci - I PM'ed you the link Smile

LOL.  Poor Scotty! Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I tried to send a pm bacon but I'm on the iphone(aka total pain in the ass when it comes to anything forum related) so I'm not sure it worked.

We have some cold weather coming. Maybe freezing rain maybe some Sleet. The high Sunday is 36. Zoiks.

I joined a gym today. I think this is the first step in divorcing running. Ha. Maybe it will help my chronic shin splints or maybe I will find a substitute for running. . Sucks. I really like running but running doesn't like me. Angry they do have an indoor running track. Cushioned. 11 laps =1 mile. Ha. Sounds fun right? And dizzy

TGIF

Maybe you just need a break before you and running get serious again Smile I highly highly recommend weightlifting if you've got a gym membership - it's fun and goal-oriented in a way that I find almost as satisfying as running, and I think it's made a huge difference in my ability to run without getting injured (that is, my ability to do that went from 0 to some level that's slightly higher than 0 :P ).

tracilynn

Lauren, you're funny.   Before me and running get serious again I am definitely gonna "cheat" on running with Zumba, spinning and maybe lifting Evil. Ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Should be still able to run my marathon. No new shoes. Maybe those legs doesn't like me throwing them some kinvaras once in a while.

Obie, late check in. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Lauren, you're funny.   Before me and running get serious again I am definitely gonna "cheat" on running with Zumba, spinning and maybe lifting Evil. Ha.

FWIW, my husband is starting to think his shin splints are chronic.  One thing that helps him (apart from the brace) is to run slower than he can run and take 1 day in between runs.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Obie- hugs