Beginners and Beyond

RunDAILIES 12.9 (Read 40 times)

Yugo18

A rest day, finally.  I'll probably just do some core and Pilates-type stuff.

It looks like a bunch of us are resting today.  Whoo-hoo.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy your off day from everything, LRB.  Except stretching.  So that means you're off from work too?

Sorry about the ribs, Step.  You probably should go see someone just to be safe.  Hope you don't have any kind of cracked ribs or hairline fracture in one, etc.  So, once your 7-year-old figures that out....he might have a lot of 'ammunition' available, so you better watch out. Wink

Wishing the best for Trixie, Damaris!  Safe travel day to you!

Behave yourself, Marjorie.

Same here, Baboon, cold and drizzly.  Sucks. Sorry about the drama-queen legs, but I'm sure you will get them back to their old selves in no time.

Sorry about the 'rocky' outing, FreeSoul....but hey...at least you two did not get hit by a flying deer....

Sorry about the heel, Kristin.  I made comments in the Penguin thread, so won't be redundant here. Hope you feel better!

Happy rest day, Yugo!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, true - a deer running us over would have just ruined my day........ though making for a great story later on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I have work Scotty, I just took off from the physical stuff.  I could see how it inferred I was home though. You are pretty sharp!

Will run for scenery.

Well, I'm pretty bummed.  After 2 months off for (fairly minor) foot pain, its now back.  Worse than before.  Had PF pain just in front of my heel bone (calcaneous ?) last night while lying in bed, and today it's really nagging at me.   And my stupid elbow is still F'ed up (tennis elbow, from working on my car) so I can't swim or do any upper-body stuff.

I was really looking forward to a good, steady winter/spring of easy running.  Now I fell like I'm screwd.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

I was really looking forward to a good, steady winter/spring of easy running.  Now I fell like I'm screwd.

Well hopefully the elbow heals rather quickly.  We can always hope!

Will run for scenery.

Well hopefully the elbow heals rather quickly.  We can always hope!

It's been about a month and a half.  I used a screwdriver last week.  Next day pain was about as bad as the first day.

Maybe my Christmas list should include :

• mobility scooter
                • orthopedic shoes
                • one o' them jar-opening things
                • trifocals
                • fence to keep those darn kids off my lawn

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

It's been about a month and a half.  I used a screwdriver last week.  Next day pain was about as bad as the first day.

If it ain't one damn thing it's another!

I am debating a run in high winds and cold ass temps tomorrow morning or on the belt.  Well actually, there is no debate....

Docket_Rocket

Jjs.  Hope your issues get better.

I think they ruled cancer out. for sure Trixie's liver is damaged but they are still finding out why.  We get to see her at midnight when we get home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

Kristin - shit, hope it's something transient that goes away post-race.  Sad

Jjs - shit also.

(((Trixie)))

Windy, cold and damp outside, perfect conditions for a SRD.