Beginners and Beyond

Hey Tuesday Penguins - You've Been Running Thru My Mind! (Read 39 times)

GinnyinPA

The sun is shining for the moment, so I'll go out and do my long run as soon as breakfast settles a bit more.

Gustav - enjoy your seven.

Awood- nice that you're taking so well to the increased mileage.

Damaris - enjoy your run with your husband.

Margo - good luck with the intervals.

Jerry - 56 dp isn't that humid.  DP here is 64, dropping to 61 late afternoon.

Kristin - fartleks are fun.  I did those before I was a runner.

Tracilynn - no butt shots here, thank God.  My husband doesn't run either, but we do walk together every day.

Dan - enjoy your rest day.

Docket_Rocket

You are not the only that have has noticed. It is also funny how the people bitching about how bad the B&B has become are people that never respond to RRs and never post in general.  This forum is what you make of it.  This was not addressed to you, just a general comment, ha!

Has anyone noticed that the number of responses on RR's is down, but there's a thread with over 250 responses that sounds like a bunch of turds arguing over who floats highest in the toilet bowl?  I'm not sure there's a solution.  I just wanted to point it out, and see if I'm the only person who noticed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Word

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Awood, I see. Daniels specify by time so distance is undetermined. That make sense. I am following only Pfizer and he state distance.

6M w/ 2@goal. Just realized that I doing a long, short, long, short mileage month. I always have lesser mile when I'm on late shift.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Morning!  Today is the last full day of school, and I get to spend it in awards assemblies All. Day. Long.  I just can't wait.

After school, I am going to see what my knee thinks about running, and then make cupcakes for the last day of school potluck.  I think I'll make Margarita cupcakes.

Dad on the run.

I agree with 3 day weekends.

Awood - you are so right about the response to pointless threads.

Traci - They are called strollers, 1 double, 1 single, you and SO can run Tongue or maybe he just uses the kids for an excuse hahahah Smile

AFM - 6 miles yesterday, 4 planned for tonight and then a SRD finally. This increase in mileage is a little rough in getting use too. Oh well, I can handle it Smile Looking forward to my LR when I get to the beach, that should be fun.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or otherwise, it will spread into your work and into your life, there are no limits. Only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Anson, I actually spent a little time reading some of that last night. Man, what a waist of time! Nice work on the mileage.

Traci, don't you go off and hurt your shin again.

3 easy miles for me yesterday. I wanted more but know I don't need to push yet. My knee felt ok and so did my feet. My Doby has been very sick lately, she has a severe urinary tract infection, went to vet yesterday and got some antibiotics. I sure hope this gets her feeling better. She's been vomiting a lot, lost a bunch of weight, and still wouldn't eat this morning. Poor puppy Sad

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up early today, at 5:15 a.m, and off to the Y.  Did a hilly route in the area around the Y.  It's a very nice area that includes the campus of Trinity University - posh, posh, the students, staff, and faculty drink all their beverages with their pinky finger stuck out Wink - and a neighborhood across from the university that has lots of million dollars and up mansions/houses.  I even got to give two very nice and friendly 'posh' doggies a couple of treats, as they came up to their gate to greet me as I came up to it.  They were very polite too, sat for their treats, took them gently, and then thanked me not with loud barking but with a simple "Bow Wow..' they obviously went to Rich Dog finishing school ....  Joking.   So, 4.1 miles done.  Very SLOW miles as I am still feeling a bit of all that coughing, etc, that I had going on over the weekend, .  Going up the hills I could tell my wind is not quite 100 percent yet. so I just took it nice and easy, and finished in 45:32, for a mild pacing of 11-something per mile.   Even so, felt pretty good, and a nice run/walk, in spite of the already 75 degree temp, 93% humidity, and a dewpoint of near 70, gaaack!  I was DRENCHED in sweat when I was done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Up early today, at 5:15 a.m, and off to the Y.  Did a hilly route in the area around the Y.  It's a very nice area that includes the campus of Trinity University - posh, posh, the students, staff, and faculty drink all their beverages with their pinky finger stuck out Wink - and a neighborhood across from the university that has lots of million dollars and up mansions/houses.  I even got to give two very nice and friendly 'posh' doggies a couple of treats, as they came up to their gate to greet me as I came up to it.  They were very polite too, sat for their treats, took them gently, and then thanked me not with loud barking but with a simple "Bow Wow..' they obviously went to Rich Dog finishing school ....  Joking.   So, 4.1 miles done.  Very SLOW miles as I am still feeling a bit of all that coughing, etc, that I had going on over the weekend, .  Going up the hills I could tell my wind is not quite 100 percent yet. so I just took it nice and easy, and finished in 45:32, for a mild pacing of 11-something per mile.   Even so, felt pretty good, and a nice run/walk, in spite of the already 75 degree temp, 93% humidity, and a dewpoint of near 70, gaaack!  I was DRENCHED in sweat when I was done.

were you at ft sam houston went that gunman shot that lady yesterday?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I like the new avatar.

Bin - I looked over the plan to try to calculate what some of the long runs might translate to.  There are a couple that have a 2 mile warm up, and a two mile cool down.  In the middle is 2 1/2 hours of marathon pace.  That will probably end up being around 22 miles.  Boy am I looking forward to that...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Mitch, hope the puppy feels better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Morning my penguins friends!

*sighs* yup, running with one's spouse sounds nice!  Having a healthy spouse sounds even nicer.

Awood--- great job building up such a solid base.  Glad you're reaping the benefits now.

LOL@ the turd thread.  Yup noticed.  I even made a post in it... which was ignored, which was probably a good thing!  LOL   It's so hard for me to see how anyone could take that stuff too seriously.

Kristin-- I like fartlek runs, too.  Since I don't do a lot of speed work, these are where I stretch my legs a bit.

tracilynn-- my SO won't be running anytime soon either.  It would be nice.  Hahaha@ posting butt shots, you first.  Personally, nobody really likes to see "normal" people naked.  Hot young models, not the rest of us, even if we do look good "for our age", "for our weight" whatever.  Or maybe that's just me...OMG, i AM a prude!!!!!!  Clown

Dan-- enjoy your rest day!

Docket-- I totally agree with your assessment of the turd post.

zelanie--- margarita cupcakes!  yum!  Enjoy the last few days of school before SUMMER BREAK!!!!!!!

jimmy-- great quote!

Mitch-- Sad  Sorry about your baby.  I sure hope the meds help her.

Scotty--- nice colorful new profile pic!  Glad you're feeling somewhat better from this weekend, and awesome you getting around so bright and early today.  Too bad you weren't rewarded with even cooler temps!

I did 6-1/2 really warm miles, but finished up with a refreshing dip in the pool.  It felt so nice.  In the summer when i get home from  my runs I like to fix a drink with crushed ice, orange juice and Sprite.  It totally hits the spot.   Anybody else have an after run treat that just does it for them?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

were you at ft sam houston went that gunman shot that lady yesterday?

No, thank goodness.  Still at work at that time.  Apparently, this was some type of "domestic" dispute, the guy had his specific target in mind, and shot her, and then gave himself up.   Even so, scary, especially as he was right near the major hospital area.  If it had been some  "nutcase' gunning for anyone, the nutcase would have had multiple targets, cuz there are lots of disabled folks in that area at any given time during duty hours.   The military police did a good job in getting the base area locked down pretty quickly.

Sloooow.

(Barely) Morning all!

Gustav- Hope the 7 miles goes well later.

Awood- Double the fun? Lol. I've read that doubles are a great way to get your mileage up, go for it Smile I've been reading in the drama thread (not caught up on the 50+ posts from last night to this morning yet though). It's all very silly. It will fizzle out eventually, some people just thrive on drama.

Docket- Hoping the 5-7 tonight aren't too hellish.

Phillie- Enjoy your intervals.

Jerry- 59 DP sounds wonderful, it's crazy how our baselines change depending on where we live. In the UK, 75 was a hot summer day for me. Now, that's pretty cool.

Kristin- Successful run! That kind of disorganised run is my favourite kind. Structure hurts me, lol.

Traci- I'm in the same situation, my partner severely broke his foot and left leg in a motorcycle accident 20 years a go, then broke his right ankle rollerblading 10 years a go. He has lots of hardware in his legs and he will never run with me. Keep icing the shin. I still have a tender spot on my shin, but it isn't getting worse with slowly increasing mileage and I ice extra on my rest days.

Dan- Enjoy your rest day!

Ginny- Hope your long run went well!

Bin- Nice run. I think cyclical mileage helps you to not get stuck in a rut.

Zelanie- Rewarding for the awardees, not so much for those who have to sit in there all day, haha. Cupcakes sound wonderful right now.

Jimmy- Take it easy, take your rest days, all should be good.

Mitch-Will keep your pup in my thoughts, hope she feels better soon!

Scotty- Feeling very lazy reading everything you have got done already today. Made me laugh about the posh dogs! I bet they loved their treat as they are probably on posh gluten/corn/meat/soy-free diets, hah. I'd vote that most runs in that awful temperature are slow, very nice 4.1 Smile

Cherie- I am completely jealous that you have a pool to jump into! The only treat I have post work-out is laying flat on the floor (in the fetal position, as usually two small children start jumping on me).

Planning on 3 "recovery" miles today, I'll keep it nice and slow again. My little sister should be finding out the gender of her third child today, 6:30pm their time so it should be a couple of hours for me. She already has two boys, so needless to say what she is hoping for. I have two girls and I'm hoping for a boy next time. Funny how things work out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

If I've been running through your mind, Gustav, you're gonna have one helluva headache with all my fat in there moving around!  Joking  Hope you have a great post-work run.

Good luck with the doubles, Awood!  lol, about the other thread and the floaters....which brings a question to my mind....if fat floats...then why do I always sink when I get into the pool?  I have more then enough fat.....

I just don't see how you can run in that heat with weights, Damaris.  Wink

Good luck with the intervals, Margo.  3-day weekend?  Did I miss a holiday?

What, Jerry, Chicago gets hot?  Say it ain't so!  Joking  59 DP...I WISH!

Nice running, Kristin, glad the ITB, etc, is behaving.

Traci, someday we will do an event together and then you can say you ran with your SO - your Scottydog Outrunner...  Wink  Never say never, maybe one day your hubbie will surprise you.  Naked man shot?  Well, I do have a photo of me from a Bare Buns race I did...but I don't want to give everyone nightmares.

Happy rest day, Dan!  Flippin' Texas summer has arrived early this week in force!  High 90s everywhere, cept West Texas, where it is in the 100s already.  Sheesh!

Hope your long run went well, Ginny.

Late shift can probably wear you out, Bin.  Gotta throw your body clock off.

Happy last day of school, Zelanie!  Hope your knee behaves for you.

Good luck with all those miles, Jimmy!  Enjoy the SRD, you earned it.  Happy beach time!

Sorry to hear about your dog, Mitch, hope she recovers quickly!   Did she possibly get into something and inadvertently eat something bad for her?    Also, check for bladder stones...my cat was doing something similar to what you described and the doc did an MRI - or was it a CAT-scan Wink - and found she had stones.  Once removed, she improved very quickly.

Congrats on the miles, Cherie...lucky you, get to dip in the pool after you finish!   I took a cold shower after my run this morning, but it's just not quite the same thing.

Good luck with your miles today, Coralie!   Hope your sister gets her wish.