Beginners and Beyond

No Dirty Dishes Day Sunday Penguins (Read 24 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

Good morning! I need to do my dishes today, so this is a good holiday. My 7 run/walk went great, although I got a little bored out there. And I came home to find my new-to-me Garmin 10 in the mail. Score! I'm a little sore today, but it's a SRD so that's okay.

Oh! And the ceiling: it was the toilet upstairs, which is now fixed. My landlord seems to think my ceiling doesn't need to be patched, just painted. 

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

LRB

What's up OB!

I am OCD about dishes and will not do a single thing in the kitchen until I wash them all, and when I am done I make sure not even a single utencil is dirty.

Of course no one else here is like that which is why there are always dishes to be washed in the first place.  lol

Good luck with that stupid leak.

Have a great day Pens! 

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Obie - glad the leak is fixed.  Hopefully the landlord will see it needs a bit more help than just paint.

LBR - good morning!

Me - I may actually hit the trails today.  Nice sunny day.  It is supposed to get up into the mid-60s.  No better reason to get OUTSIDE.  W1D2 C25k for me.

Zelanie - HOWDY!  Well, my son, now 13, has a mixed interest.  He isn't completely opposed to it but doesn't show any initiative in it.  I'm hoping to get him going , I need a 5k partner.  LOL  My wife blew out her knee during cross training and is out for the long count, or at least the doctors can figure out what they want to do.

Jerry - glad to see you're still here too.  Yeah, I truly need to start ground up again.  At least get a solid feel of where I am at.  I did register for a 5k (in Tennessee) in a month.  I may end up run/walking it but I'm ok with that.  Its a far cry from my two HM and 25k in spring 2013.  Frustrating even.

StoneFence - thank you and howdy back!

Jack - LOL!   Yeah, being a bit of a beer-snob in an area in with about a dozen microbreweries, most of which are within 20 min... yeah, not a good replacement hobby to running.  LOL  Spend up, drink less, get better beer.  Smile  My favorite is a local place called the Jolly Pumpkin.  They have a farmhouse style ale, Bam Biere that ranks right up there among my favorites.  My other favorite is anything free. ha ha

Kristin - WELL DONE!!

sapf - GREETINGS!

Scottydog - glad to see you're still around!  Impromptu races always a good time.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

SRD for me but today is DD's XC recruiting BBQ for next season. I get to go work at that but I will be fed well.

LRB: I'm like you with the dishes. I can relate.

Zelanie

Done. 53:49 via Garmin. Faster than last time and I know I ran hard, so I'm happy.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck with the new GPS Obie.

Hi LRB !!!

Great day here also, Vance.

Enjoy the BBQ Jack.  BYOB I assume.

Way to go Z.

Hope you have/had a great run Docket.  Must be gorgeous there.

3 mile recovery for me and DW.  Perfect day.  18 miles for the week.  Getting back slowly.  This weeks goal is for a 6 miler.

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.3 miles done way early this morning to hit my weekly goal, plus a little.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Had a great time at the wedding with my friends.  I'm glad I decided not to go all out yesterday so I was still able to enjoy myself.

For your viewing pleasure (I'm the girl next to the bride, my husband is next to me):

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

Ahhh. Sapf is a cutie

hey everyone

jerry glad to see the mileage creeping up. I hope the knee is behaving.

I ran some trails yesterday and today. Saw a huge barn owl (Harry potter style)  in the woods. Very majestic and beautiful.

~~~~~~~

Traci