Beginners and Beyond

PENGuin's WednesDAILY (Read 19 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I would have that framed.

My friend posted her Garmin map of the HM. Nobody paused he watch so it shows her running nice even splits for almost 11 miles, then zooming to the hospital.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Zel, How is your friend? How are you doing?

Just had breakfast at IHOP with our son and DIL, it was nice. It's about 43 degrees an sunny, I'll be running when I get home.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy bike ride, Damaris, bet you have a hot time!

Still that cold in Alabama, Mitch?  I thought Alabama didn't have winter.    Mmm, IHOP, one of my favorite restaurants.  I'm not fancy, lol, I like simple fare and to eat at places where I don't have to dress up and where they put food all over the WHOLE plate!  IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Denny's.... Gail and I once went to a fund-raiser dinner for something-or-other (her workplace was involved) and I guess it was some kind of 'gourmet' dinner cuz the guy brought me a plate that had this little something-or-other in the the center of the plate with nothing else around it.  I told him "Buddy, I'm from Texas, fill up the damn plate."  The LOOK he gave me was SOOO funny, lol.......poor Gail just gave a BIG sigh and rolled her eyes..... can't take me anywhere!  

Just don't do 6 tomorrow, Zelanie.  Do you really want to log 6-6-6 in your running log? 

Good luck with the 8 miles, Jack.  Hopefully it won't be too hot.  Umm, what do you consider TOO hot?  For me it's anything over 96 degrees. Under that, I'm good to go!

Sorry about the jinxing, HsM.  Even so, sounds like y'all had fun.  Enjoy just being with the hubby tonite!

Ginny, the Zoo runs are FREE, payment is optional.  However, everyone usually contributes to the RD in the range of about $1 to $5 each week, so by the time the Zoo Fun Run season ends (last Wed in October), there is a nice contribution for the RD to give to the Zoo in the name of the running club.  Last year we ended up donating over $2,000.      I got a hair cut   Where's the photos?   Have fun with the 4 later.   So if you run 4 before going home, would that be considered 4-play?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy bike ride, Damaris, bet you have a hot time!

Still that cold in Alabama, Mitch?  I thought Alabama didn't have winter.    Mmm, IHOP, one of my favorite restaurants.  I'm not fancy, lol, I like simple fare and to eat at places where I don't have to dress up and where they put food all over the WHOLE plate!  IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Denny's.... Gail and I once went to a fund-raiser dinner for something-or-other (her workplace was involved) and I guess it was some kind of 'gourmet' dinner cuz the guy brought me a plate that had this little something-or-other in the the center of the plate with nothing else around it.  I told him "Buddy, I'm from Texas, fill up the damn plate."  The LOOK he gave me was SOOO funny, lol.......poor Gail just gave a BIG sigh and rolled her eyes..... can't take me anywhere!  

Just don't do 6 tomorrow, Zelanie.  Do you really want to log 6-6-6 in your running log? 

Good luck with the 8 miles, Jack.  Hopefully it won't be too hot.  Umm, what do you consider TOO hot?  For me it's anything over 96 degrees. Under that, I'm good to go!

Sorry about the jinxing, HsM.  Even so, sounds like y'all had fun.  Enjoy just being with the hubby tonite!

Ginny, the Zoo runs are FREE, payment is optional.  However, everyone usually contributes to the RD in the range of about $1 to $5 each week, so by the time the Zoo Fun Run season ends (last Wed in October), there is a nice contribution for the RD to give to the Zoo in the name of the running club.  Last year we ended up donating over $2,000.      I got a hair cut   Where's the photos?   Have fun with the 4 later.   So if you run 4 before going home, would that be considered 4-play?

Anything over 85! You are an animal and I am a wuss!

Amazonian Princess

Hmm, so it's only Wednesday, huh?

In the past few days I've pinched the skin on two of my fingers so badly they formed blood blisters, gouged a quarter inch furrow in another finger, dropped a baking sheet on my toe, and today I chipped a tooth. At least the purple bruise on my foot matches my toe nail polish, I have access to plenty of Band-Aids, and my dentist is a cutie pie.

Still, I have to wonder if one of my staff has a Bacon voodoo doll

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!  6 last night after a long day at work, and 6 planned for tonight. Smile

Jerry- Was your doc appointment yesterday, or is it still coming up?

appointment is tomorrow, but his assistant already told me that the meniscus is torn.  Hopefully it will be a simple fix.  Need to be ready for the North Korea Half Marathon .

GinnyinPA

Scotty - when we were hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, somewhere around mile 1200 (Sierra City, CA) we were in town to rest and resupply and eat as much 'real food' as we could to make up for all the weight we had lost after 3 months of backpacking.  The only restaurant in town that was open that night had lamb chops, which I hadn't had for a long time and used to like a lot, so I ordered them.  It was a pretty upscale restaurant, not our usual burgers and beer joint.  They brought me one chop, with about 1 oz of meat on the bone.  I almost cried. DH felt sorry for me and let me eat part of his dinner, but I haven't eaten lamb chops since.  I don't go to upscale restaurants very often.

SheCan

Jerry-- Ha@ outsourcing your run!   Just have your wife do it.  Glad your nephew is outta the hospital & starting rehab.  Can't imagine how hard it's going to be for him and his wife.

Scotty-- yesterday's run sounds really nice!  Have fun tonight if you decide to do the zoo fun run.  You seem to run there a lot.  Do you live fairly close to it?

Mitch--- I've been busy and still haven't got around to reading your RRs.  I guess if you ran last night and are going to today, you must be feeling pretty good.  I'll check out your reports soon.

Z & Jack-- great job on your miles.

HsM-- maybe y'all needed a musical break after the competitions, so it's probably a good thing you're taking off tonight.  At least last night y'all got to practice with how to deal with mistakes on a less judgmental audience. ;-)

Baconista--- You're so funny!  LOL well I'm glad you're able to see the positive side of things.  I suggest you stay in your closet though until this bad omen is over.  Then again, wouldn't want you to get hurt all alone in there either.

Ginny-- ahhhh!  That story makes me want to cry a little.  I still think you're absolutely amazing in the things you've done.

Today, I ran less than 2 miles.  Came home and did a few minutes on the exercise bike just to loosen up my legs, and then called it a day.  Some days you're just not feeling it, and today was mine.  I did get a chance to visit with my daughter before she took off to Tucson for a really long weekend, and then went and spent the afternoon with a friend.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Looks like a rest day Sad  Lots of work to do.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

Hi --checking in late today. 4.6 miles done today. It felt like I was working harder than my pace indicated; just one of those "tired legs" days I guess.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Mmm, IHOP, one of my favorite restaurants.  I'm not fancy, lol, I like simple fare and to eat at places where I don't have to dress up and where they put food all over the WHOLE plate!  IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Denny's.... Gail and I once went to a fund-raiser dinner for something-or-other (her workplace was involved) and I guess it was some kind of 'gourmet' dinner cuz the guy brought me a plate that had this little something-or-other in the the center of the plate with nothing else around it.  I told him "Buddy, I'm from Texas, fill up the damn plate."  The LOOK he gave me was SOOO funny, lol.......poor Gail just gave a BIG sigh and rolled her eyes..... can't take me anywhere!  

Scott,  too bad you weren't with us last Friday for DW' birthday at North Pond.

Mrs. Docket, you can take Mr. Docket here when you are in Lincoln Park.  $$$$$

North Pond

Crab, avocado

Grilled octopus with apricot puree

North Pond in winter

hog4life

Jerry, I don't have any idea what's on those plates, but it doesn't look like I could get full on that.

I ended up doing 6.3 with Bella.