Beginners and Beyond

The bar is open... (Read 45 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Undecided ... I'll let you know what sounds good after I put the 7yo to bed in a bit. Could be Woodchuck Pumpkin cider, could be Captain 'n' Coke, could be a New Planet Belgian Ale (one of the few decent GF beers I've found), or might just be a glass of ginger ale. Decisions, decisions.

OK - the Coke bottle was already opened, so Cap'n N Coke, it is. To start, anyway.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

A stout from Ommegang brewery.

It's ok, but I wouldn't buy another.  I think they tried to get too cute --  there are hints of baker's chocolate, dry licorice, anise and earthy hops that just end up tasting musty.  A sweeter version that plays to one addition's flavor might be better.

Hip Redux

We went to the Ommegang brewery back in 1998-99, I think right after they opened!  It was a neat little place then, and they only had three beers - Hennepin, Rare Vos and I think one was called Ommegang Abbey.  They were my favorites back before I was GF!

Love the Half

Nothing special tonight.  Just a Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

StepbyStep-SH

We went to the Ommegang brewery back in 1998-99, I think right after they opened!  It was a neat little place then, and they only had three beers - Hennepin, Rare Vos and I think one was called Ommegang Abbey.  They were my favorites back before I was GF!

Have you tried many of the GF beers?

The New Planet Belgian Ale isn't bad, and my DH liked their Pale Ale (I don't like pale ales). I also had one from, I think, Greens that was in a bigger bottle and leaned more toward a stout that was good. Selection is limited around here - RedBridge and New Grist may as well be Bud Light (ick!). Bards isn't bad - a bit like a wheat beer.

Hip Redux

Have you tried many of the GF beers?

The New Planet Belgian Ale isn't bad, and my DH liked their Pale Ale (I don't like pale ales). I also had one from, I think, Greens that was in a bigger bottle and leaned more toward a stout that was good. Selection is limited around here - RedBridge and New Grist may as well be Bud Light (ick!). Bards isn't bad - a bit like a wheat beer.

I've tried RedBridge and Bards.  Meh (and I think RedBridge is a Bud product!)   I tend to just do wine when I want a drink.

I'll have to see if I can try some of the others you mention!

StepbyStep-SH

I looked last night online - I think the one from Green's that I had was their Belgian Dubbel Dark Ale. I keep meaning to try a few others from them, but the store that has them is out of the way - and I get distracted by the hard ciders that are popping up all over. And the wine ... and ... so many options.

LRB

I just brewed a cup of coffee with the Keurig and as I was about to drop my sugar cubes in it, I noticed I could faintly see the bottom of the mug.  Upon further inspection, it turns out I did not put a new k-cup in there this morning, it was the one from yesterday!

Somebody drank too much last night, apparently.