Beginners and Beyond

Hey Wednesday Penguins, It's Boxing Day Already? (Read 214 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Yesterday I did a lot of jaw exercises - eating, talking, laughing!  Hopefully I will get to the gym after work for my regular routine.

My wife made two dishes that were complete successes - eggplant parmigan and candy cane cheese cake.

Abiento!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Penguins !!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day.

So, the DD's gave us  an FR 410 w/HRM.  Seems like overkill.  Should we exchange for FR10 that should suit our needs?  Only $170 difference.

working today and PM run.  Have a great day....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights (if I can manage them) tonight.

Gustav, I like the way you phrase it.  Jaw exercises.

Jerry, nice gift!  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Monday, Penguins..

Gustav, seem like you have a good feast..

Jerry, what a wonderful gift.. HRM might be useful sometimes..

Damaris, good run..

5M for me today.. Was to do 7M but cut short as some worker started doing maintenance on the indoor track that I ran.. I don't want to be hit by any falling objects so swap tmr 5M with today.. Going to do 7M tmr.

Abt the miles games.. What are those?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Gustav, thanks for the start, have a good workout later.

Jerry, nice gift.

Damaris, have a good one.

Bin, it's okay to swap days, I need to do it all the time too. There are 2 different miles games; 1st is 2013in2013, I believe it's too late to get into this one as the teams have already been picked. You keep up with, and record miles and are placed against other teams in weekly competition; 2nd is the Miles Game that is an ongoing game that you can join at any time. This one is a little more casual than the other, but puts you on a team that you still post weekly miles, but there isn't much competition in this one, more friendly and motivational. Go to the user group miles game, and you should be able to browse through the threads to get a feel for it. Let me know if this doesn't help, and I'll get you some more info.

I'm back to work today for 12 hour shift. I hope to run this evening when I get home for 5-6 miles, but we are wanting to take some family pictures since we all haven't been together in quite a few years, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Docket_Rocket

bin running, 5 > 0, great job.

Mitch, hope you get your run in!

Wow, very few penguins out there today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday.

I am trying to hold off my run because the snow is supposed to start flying any time now and we're to get 6-10 inches and I've been wanting to run in the snow really bad and I want to rock the awesome new running jacket and pants that I got yesterday.

I had a bittersweet day yesterday. My Dad for some unknown reason right now tried to commit suicide. He did realize what he was going but it was too late and he passed out and had to get taken to local hospital in Pittsburgh for hyperbaric treatment. I am in shock and awe over what happened. He should be okay though, and is responding well to the treatment talking to the counselors and stuff. he doesn't have a history of any psych problems so this was just such a shock to us all.

You always hear about how Holidays make people do crazy things. well it hit home today and he knows he did something stupid. I am not sure how to feel about it. Just thankful he's going to be okay.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry to read this, Tori.  Hope your dad is doing better today.  Hugs to you and him.

Morning.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday.

I am trying to hold off my run because the snow is supposed to start flying any time now and we're to get 6-10 inches and I've been wanting to run in the snow really bad and I want to rock the awesome new running jacket and pants that I got yesterday.

I had a bittersweet day yesterday. My Dad for some unknown reason right now tried to commit suicide. He did realize what he was going but it was too late and he passed out and had to get taken to local hospital in Pittsburgh for hyperbaric treatment. I am in shock and awe over what happened. He should be okay though, and is responding well to the treatment talking to the counselors and stuff. he doesn't have a history of any psych problems so this was just such a shock to us all.

You always hear about how Holidays make people do crazy things. well it hit home today and he knows he did something stupid. I am not sure how to feel about it. Just thankful he's going to be okay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Gustav - Candy Cane Cheese cake?  Never had it but sounds like it is so good the government would want to regulate it and tax it!  LOL

Jerry - congrats on the 410.  Exchange it?  I suppose only if it has a bunch of feature you will never use.

Tory - so very sorry that happened.  Thoughts/prayers going out for your family, dad, and yourself.

Damaris - have a great workout.

Bin - bummer on cutting the run short.  Is it a full (400 m) length track?  Only indoor track I've run on took 19 laps to make a mile - talk about running in circles.

Mitch - have a great day back to work.

AFM - I had a great Christmas.   I worked until 3pm, came home, went for a run, just short of 7.  Trails are tricky but manageable... rutted snow, etc.  I did get a Garmin FR210 as a gift - ran with it for the first time yesterday.  Neat tool... I still have to figure it out.  I also scored a nice, florescent orange long sleeve running shirt.  As a trail runner in this area - the color is perfect.  My poor kids had to wait until 5pm to open presents (just after my run).  They went to a movie while waiting to get home so it all worked out.  SRD today but I may try to sneak in 3 on the dreadmill before I go to work this afternoon.   Finally, I need to check in here more regularly.  I got out of the habit after the spamplosion at the other site. Catcha later!

hog4life

Tori, that is really sad. I hope all is well with him, and everyone else in the family.

Bin Running

Mitch, thanks for explaining.. I guess I am late.. Only realised when pple started posting team 1-10.. haa.. I will join in 2014 then.. Penguins thread is my main motivation now.

Vance, you are vance, right? Cos you seem to have another avi and nick. Apologies if you are not.. It's a 800m or thereabout  track.. It is not total indoor as it snake thru under some block and exposure to the element on some.. A simple 2 lane track.

Some pic of it.. not taken by me..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

I had a similar one on my cruise and it was a cruise of Scandinavia. The wind and cold was ouch.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Bin - yeah, it's me, Vance.  That is a great looking track actually.  I hope to have something half as nice in February... going on a cruise.  SCORE.