Beginners and Beyond

Coffeeeeee Thursday Penguins (Read 31 times)

Brilliant

Brilliant- Hi!  Are you new, or have you posted under a different name?  In any case, welcome. 

Thank you!  I'm mostly a lurker in the B&B user group.  Somehow I never before noticed that there is a daily for penguins.  After reading the description I've self-assigned myself to the penguin category. Smile

My run was fantastic.  I ran/walked 4.75 (because I promised hubby I wouldn't do 5).  No obvious ill effects from my month off, or from the surgery.  A little heavier breathing maybe.

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, Brilliant!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad its just a sprain, sapf.  You'll get the HM done eventually.

Hi Brilliant.  4 weeks is close enough to a month.  Its funny how fast you can come back.  You don't have to lurk any more, but Scotty might want some pictures.

Speaking of coming back, it was soooo nice out, I blew off the 5 and did 7.3 miles instead, all sub 11:00.  Longest since the "shot".  Felt great for an after work run.   Goal for next week is 8.

GinnyinPA

A cool day makes such a difference, plus the fact that with rain last night and this morning, the pollen was pretty low and no one was out mowing, for once.  I ran 5.75 and it felt effortless, even though my overall pace was faster than usual.  I wish the cool weather would continue until Saturday, when I'll probably attempt my first 10k.  The forecast is for mid-70's, which is better than the high 80's we had a few days ago, but not as nice as today (57).

sapf - I hope the sprain heals quickly.  Sprains are weird, because they can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.  Take it as easy as you can.

Jerry - I'm so glad the shot worked after all.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you get a cool 10K, Ginny.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hola, Penguins.  I got in 3.3 miles this morning.  Been a crappy work week so far, but Friday is but a few hours away.

welcome, Brilliant.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Pilates and then 4 miles on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page