Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did 6 miles this morning in 47*. I had to wear cloths! The horror! Wink

Stay warm all you northerners.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning Basya!  And everyone else!

7 miles @ 8:07/mile done, nice and easy, warming up with some salted caramel coffee. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

8 recovery miles tonight.  I need to show some discipline for once this week and run very, very slow, or my runs on the back half of the week are going to suck.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up so I'll have to run tonight.  Working from home which means I could sleep late, ha!

I think I slept too much because I'm exhausted.

Basya, morning!

flarunner, nice weather.  We had 60F; too bad I never woke up to enjoy it.

Dtothe2nd, nice run.

RMTB, nice slow run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Morning Basya and flarunner!!!

Great treadmill run Basya!

Oops, runmom, DR and dtothe2nd snuck in there!!! Morning guys!

Yesterday I swam 1,200 meters and got in my run on the "dreadmill" last night, 5 miles...I was able to get through because I was laughing so hard watching American Idol!LOL

It was -36C last evening (equates to about -30F) , dark and windy, even I'm not crazy enough to run in that! Same temps today so I'm on the dreamill again for 8 miles.  We even had some school closed north of us because of the frostbite risk and I can't remember that happening in years.

Coached swim tonight!! I'm really excited, making a lot of progress!

Scotty to answer your wife's question.......I'm 6 hours north east of where Kristin lives in Maine and for some reason it gets doubly cold with every hour you drive north in the winter.....Roll eyes It gets just as cold where Lily is!!

Have a good one dailies!

Good morning! Where is everyone?

Thank you, everyone, for your concern last night. I feel much better today. I did a comfortably challenging 7.0 miles on the TM in 61:41. I did the first sixty minutes at 6.8mph (8:49), the next minute at 7.0mph(8:34$ , and the last forty-one seconds at 7.5mph (8:00). I feel wonderful. I guess that eating well last night, staying hydrated, eating a light breakfast an hour before my run, and drinking a small iced coffee from Dunks forty- five minutes before my run helped. I also think that I run better in the morning.

happylily

Morning Basya, Heidi, flarunner, D2D! Hope you guys had/have great workouts today!

10 easy tonight for me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Beth, NOTHING is as as cold as where I live. We have no mountains to speak of on the South Shore and the winds are fierce. Cold seems colder here because of it. Right now, we're miserable and everything looks ugly and dirty. Dirty snow, calcium covered cars, dead everything... Just miserable. Come and rescue me, someone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

El buono chalupa Thursday, padres!  I was planning an hour on the elliptical last night, but bailed after 40 minutes due to a bad case of GRUMPY KNEE.  More of the same tonight, though hopefully sans the bail part.

So due to my injury, I will have to DNS three races I registered for.  One of the HM's (the "expensive" one) is offering me a 50% discount on a future HM, which comes to a $30 discount.  What's the general policy for refunds/deferrals?  What have you experienced?  Originally I figured all three races would be a total loss, so I am actually happy to get something.  I've written off the other HM since it's only $12 and they don't even make you pay that if you don't want to.  I consider that a donation to the club.  I've yet to ask about the third race but I'm hoping they'll let me just run a race later in the year.  That one was only $25.  I'm bummed though...$25 got you a long sleeve wicking shirt and a medal.  Hmph.

Edit to add:  Just heard back about the third race and they are letting me defer to a later race without penalty.  Cool deal!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Basya - Glad you are feeling better this morning! Nice run.
                        Beth & Lilly - Stay warm, ladies!
                        Heidi - Take it easy tonight.
                        Babboon – I've never had to DNS a race I wanted a refund from, but the offer for half refund sounds good. Most of what I hear is that no refunds at all.
                        Damaris - Enjoy the "homework" day.
                        Dtothe2nd - Send some of that coffee my way!
                        Flarunner - 47* sounds perfect.

My schedule calls for 8 miles w/5x1200@HMP, plus my strength training class. However, I started having some pain on the outside of my right foot last night; it didn't hurt until several hours after my run, so I'm not sure what's up. I still feel something occasionally this morning walking around. I'll start the workout, but if it becomes painful, I will bail and just do some upper body and core work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

flarunner, awesome job running the six so early.

Dave, you ran really well.

Heidi, have a great recovery run.

Damaris, enjoy your run tonight.

Just B.S., I like reading about your progress swimming. Have a great lesson today. And try to enjoy ye olde hamster wheelSmile

Lily, have a great ten-miler tonight.

Eh, that sucks, BaboonSad

Shari, I hope that your foot feels better today, so that you can exercise pain-free.

I'm on my way to work. I'll do weights and cardio after work tonight.

Just B.S.

Just B.S., I like reading about your progress swimming. Have a great lesson today. And try to enjoy ye olde hamster wheelSmile

Aww, Basya you are so sweet!!  I'm not actually taking lessons but we are fortunate enough to have

at our aquatic centre what they call a "coached swim" for no extra charge where a coach sets up a

board with drills and gives advice on technique........there are usually 15-20 people of all different levels

.......it's great because I get a little help plus I get to watch the "real swimmers" doing their stuff to see

what I can aspire to!LOL

I was really really happy with my swim yesterday.......I've only been at this for less than 3 weeks and in

in the middle of my 1,200 meters I swam 4 X 100 with 15 second rests and it felt great! WooHoo!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! 9.25m for me this morning w/40min tempo @7:13 avg pace on the TM. Ran to and from gym for warm-up and cooldown with it snowing this am. Nice running baysa, heidi, Lilly, DR, Dtothe2nd.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

For my comeback plan I am using Higdons novice 5k plan. It has you run 3 days a week - I was thinking of modifying it to run every other day - what do you think?

Tonight it's legs and abs at the gym and I may just do my 1 1/2 mile run on the belt just because its right there and I won't need to do a clothing change. At home I'll do the bike trainer, myrtl and core.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!