Beginners and Beyond

So long Arthur Saturdailies (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  Time to WAKE UP, folks!  In case you were wondering, I did indeed get my 10 hours of sleep last night and it was as awesome as you'd think it could be.  Woke up to some beautiful weather.  65 degrees, sunny, no humidity.  Perfect day to hop on the road bike for a long ride with the wife, and that is the plan.  Got a wedding to attend tonight.

Feeling pretty good after yesterday's run and mountain bike ride.  My run mileage has sucked this week.  Hoping to log a couple of miles after the bike ride just to hit 40 for the week.

Speak up!

<3

LRB

Annnnd we have a winner; Boon, Boon, Shake, Shake the Room!

'Sup yo!  Imma 'bout to head out for a light jog.  6 maybe?

I'll be back to play when I am done!

Just B.S.

I know most people here don't give a dang about triathlon, but it does include running Smile  

Tomorrow will be my first 1/2 Iron but my 27th Half Marathon.

Currently experiencing the wrath of Arthur.   High winds, drenching downpours, 50,000 without

power.  Host hotel/venue/expo currently without power.

All of the races planned for today are postponed until tomorrow which means the 5k we were to

run today will be concurrent with another little race we have planned for tomorrow.

Hopefully Arthur passes so the big event can go ahead. It's a nightmare for the RD, two of whom

are close friends. Set up will need to take place overnight and bike racking will be at 5am tomorrow

instead of this evening.

Ah well, such is life. Hopefully tomorrow I will have earned one of these (hubby as well but I don't

think he would want a pink one Smile )

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10-11 miles with hubby tonight.

For some reason, I woke up feeling it was Sunday.  Good thing I was wrong!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Morning! Just BS, looking forward to your race report! Thanks for starting us off 'Boon. We're having outstanding weather today too LRB. Have fun with miles DR. AFM- 3 easy today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

happylily

Thanks for starting the dailies, Babs! I don't know about the others, but when I wake up and see that the day's dailies thread isn't here yet, I wait anxiously by the computer, refreshing the screen every 30 seconds, waiting for one of you lazy slobs to wake up. 

I heard mini-explosions all night coming from the roof over my bedroom. It was the roof or the attic. One bang was so loud that it shook the house. Could it be the wood contracting? Or the foundation settling because of dry earth (we have lots of clay soil here) making the house crack? Anyway, it was scary and since I'm again a weekend widow (SO left for Toronto last night), I had no one but the cat to talk to during the night. I expect you all to entertain me this weekend.

Beth, scary stuff. I hope we still have roofs over our cottages in PEI after today. Good luck tomorrow!

One more coffee and I will start with push-ups, leg exercises and stretching. 8 miles later this afternoon.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Tkanks Stone and Lily!  There won't be a RR, so much work for something no one reads, well at

least mine anyway. Smile  But I will let you know if I survive!

on my way to badass

Aww- sorry there won't be a RR Just BS. How about some splits at least? I want to do a local (very short) tri next summer.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Just B.S.

Aww- sorry there won't be a RR Just BS. How about some splits at least? I want to do a local (very short) tri next summer.

If you insist. Smile The swim will be ugly, it's ocean (protected by breakwater but still ocean) and should be a

big mess even if the race goes ahead. Plus I'm 52 doing my first 1/2 Iron so it's going to be  slow!

LRB

There won't be a RR, so much work for something no one reads, well at

least mine anyway. Smile  But I will let you know if I survive!

On the subject of race reports I write them for myself.  If anyone cares to indulge, great, if not, no skin off my nose.  But if a single person can knock one stinking second off their race time, or avoid screwing something up during an event because of something I wrote then I am doubly pleased.

The thing about the latter though is that you will likely never know it, but that is no different than in life when holding the door open for someone, or giving a compliment makes a persons day.  I still do it.

But of course I eat fruit loops for breakfast, so there is that. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I got 3.2 miles done with a 9:45 min pace this morning with Team 13, went faster than I wanted again... stupid, stupid, stupid. Grant you, it felt comfortable but I just don't want to be sore for tomorrow's long run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

On the subject of race reports I write them for myself.  If anyone cares to indulge, great, if not, no skin off my nose.  But if a single person can knock one stinking second off their race time, or avoid screwing something up during an event because of something I wrote then I am doubly pleased.

The thing about the latter though is that you will likely never know it, but that is no different than in life when holding the door open for someone, or giving a compliment makes a persons day.  I still do it.

But of course I eat fruit loops for breakfast, so there is that. 

So I take it you are wishing me luck on my race?  Thanks a bunch!

LRB

For some reason, I woke up feeling it was Sunday.  Good thing I was wrong!

Yeah the long weekends do that to me as well.  Enjoy the run later!

Hope the weather cooperated BS!

lily you crack me up, we would love for you to start the dailies!

Hi SF!  Any races on the horizon?

FS, you might be experiencing a gain in fitness.  It usually shows in your easy pace first.

As for me I got in 6 easy which were a little tight out of the gate, but once things loosened up I was my usually jovial running self, slapping my knee and laughing out loud much to the bewilderment of passers by.  Big grin

I have been dealing with some groin pain/discomfort on my right side for the past six weeks that for the life of me will not go away.  It does not affect my running though (once I warm up) so maybe I can train through it like everything else.

Sigh, it's always something...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

Marjorie

Morning all.

Good luck tomorrow, Beth!

I like the race reports, although i can be hit or miss about getting to all of them. As a noob at racing, I am always looking to pick up some tips from the more experienced folks, as well as share experiences with the other noobs.

8 miles this morning. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday's run was effortless & glorious; today was plodding & sluggish. I suppose it did not help that I was having horrendous allergy problems last night so took a couple Benadryl.  That stuff gives me a nasty hangover, I was totally in a fog this morning. At least my knee felt OK. Debating whether to rest it tomorrow or try a short run to see if I can go 3 days in a row.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave