Beginners and Beyond

Apropos of absolutely nothing running (Read 69 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Oh and I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks the end of NCIS is perfectly normal time to go to bed.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

Am I missing something obvious ?

You can still buy VHS recorders, or the DVD vhs combos lat time I checked.

I think you can get standalone digital recorders as well.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Singer who runs a smidge

Am I missing something obvious ?

You can still buy VHS recorders, or the DVD vhs combos lat time I checked.

I think you can get standalone digital recorders as well.

Yeah, you can, it's just something like $300.  I hate spending that kind of money, especially when I know DH needs a new laptop too.  And we can watch this stuff on his laptop, but that involves craning our necks to get the right view, hooking up a speaker, etc.

Now I'm looking a PlayOn,  which will let us stream a freakin' boatload of free content to our TV through our Wii, for a one-time $40 fee (or $19.99/year), and also has record capabilities.  This might fit both my need to go to bed early and my stinginess!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

RSX

Yeah, you can, it's just something like $300.  I hate spending that kind of money, especially when I know DH needs a new laptop too.  And we can watch this stuff on his laptop, but that involves craning our necks to get the right view, hooking up a speaker, etc.

Now I'm looking a PlayOn,  which will let us stream a freakin' boatload of free content to our TV through our Wii, for a one-time $40 fee (or $19.99/year), and also has record capabilities.  This might fit both my need to go to bed early and my stinginess!

Craigslist occasinally had used VCRs for maybe $10. You can probably still get them in your area