Beginners and Beyond

Run for Boston bracelets have been shipped. (Read 269 times)

Dad on the run.

I just started tearing up for the first time. I was going through my emails and came across one where someone just simply "stumbled" across my thread via a google search and just donated without even knowing who I am, for the first time I am at a loss of words, the generosity of some people are truly amazing. Why this touched me in such a way I'm not sure, its funny how the oddest things move you.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

I just started tearing up for the first time. I was going through my emails and came across one where someone just simply "stumbled" across my thread via a google search and just donated without even knowing who I am, for the first time I am at a loss of words, the generosity of some people are truly amazing. Why this touched me in such a way I'm not sure, its funny how the oddest things move you.

Well now you've got me choked up.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Dad on the run.

Just got another email in...

Hello,

My name is ******************, I am from ******** WI and just so happened to stumble upon your website and want to take a moment to thank you for all that you are doing. It is people like you that prove there is still good and wonderful people in this world. I would just like to know if you would like me to mail you my donation or pay through the website, also am wondering if you still have 3 bracelets left? I have a marathon I am running in 4 weeks and would love to have a bracelet to show my support. Please feel free to email me whenever you get the time. And once again thank you so much for your kind actions.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow that is touching! Thank you again for setting this up!! You rock!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just got another email in...

Hello,

My name is ******************, I am from ******** WI and just so happened to stumble upon your website and want to take a moment to thank you for all that you are doing. It is people like you that prove there is still good and wonderful people in this world. I would just like to know if you would like me to mail you my donation or pay through the website, also am wondering if you still have 3 bracelets left? I have a marathon I am running in 4 weeks and would love to have a bracelet to show my support. Please feel free to email me whenever you get the time. And once again thank you so much for your kind actions.

I am glad youre doing this for all the right reasons. Good works is good soul.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Jimmy,

People recognize when someone is doing the right thing from their heart.  Thus, I'm not surprised by the out-of-the blue responses and donations.  Bless you.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Dad on the run.

One more to share, I just find this incredibly moving that people are finding this thread through google..

Thanks for your response and acknowledgement.

I am not a runner and don't post on the runners forum or  website. I actually found your post and link doing a Google search, as my two teen daughters wanted to find Boston Marathon bracelets to show their support. And I found your posting and link, etc.

Again, thank you for doing it and I hope the Richards family benefits from the donations. They will have a long slog for a while.

So moving, I am so excited by the amount of responses. I have spent the last two hours reading email after email and updating my address/order spreadsheet.

Now its time to get off and relax for a minute before bed.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

88 out of 250 bracelets accounted for. Help me push this guys! We have already went through 88 bracelets and raised $1125 and we are only on day 2! Lets keep this moving and growing!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Was able to donate another 5, will be donating more next week (this week not good).. Just sent email for 3 bracelets if possible.

thanks again for doing this...

Edit..Can I share this in my running group?

donation sent, and mailing address emailed Smile

Dad on the run.

By all means. Please share.

Was able to donate another 5, will be donating more next week (this week not good).. Just sent email for 3 bracelets if possible.

thanks again for doing this...

Edit..Can I share this in my running group?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Due to logistics, my donation will be in the mail Saturday morning.  I mail out a lot of stuff on Saturday mornings.  Awesome stuff guys!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

YAYpril - B-Plus

This is wonderful.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Got mine in this morning, and let the people in my running group know about what you are doing for this family.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

delicate flower

jblack is going to go viral.  He's going to have to hire a part-time staff to keep up with demand.  Big grin

<3