Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - A Psychoaquadiscobetabioaquadoloop (Read 39 times)

LRB

Was up late last night as DH and I went and saw Lady Antebellum in concert at a really neat outdoor venue at a winery

Hello my long lost love. 

LRB

Yep. Still out of town.  Tampa until Monday afternoon then Memphis until Wed and Nashville until Thursday. Home for the weekend. But back out the following week Tampa and Orlando.  Tampa because we just bought a practice here so I need to be here to train and give support.

That's gonna be a lot of miles.  I know you are used to it though.

LRB

followed by a 19.2 miles run in 80 degree weather.

Why are you running so long?  Did you decide to do 'Frisco after all?

B-Plus

I wish I saw this before reading your RR.

Apparently I didn't run 14 miles today since my Garmin is having trouble uploading.

Zelanie

Miles are done.  It was one of those days where it really needed to rain but just wouldn't.

FS- Congrats on your race!  Nice job!

outoftheblue

Why are you running so long?  Did you decide to do 'Frisco after all?

I'm still on the fence, but I'm still giving myself the option.  The way my summer is going, this weekend was my last chance to get in a 18+ mile run before SF, so I took it.  Next couple of weeks are 15-ish range, then I do the Hernia Hill Half, and then basically I'm too close to SF to do anything but taper.

I'm going to make my final decision about SF after Hernia HIll.   Hernia HIll is a tiny race, with less than 25 people people running the half, but I always do it because  a) it's close to home and b) it's at a winery!  We get to run through their wine caves and drink wine at the end.   And, even though the field is tiny, it's usually populated with some really strong ultra runners who, i guess, embrace the idea of running up and down gravel hills in 90 degree heat.   I'm always impressed with what they can do on the course.

Life is good.