Beginners and Beyond

Sandy Hook Elementary Memorial virtual HM/5k (Read 329 times)

Mmmmm...beer

My local running club is going to participate, just figured I'd pass it along if anyone else was interested.

http://www.active.com/half-marathon/tampa-fl/sandy-hook-elementary-memorial-half-marathon-and-5k-2013?cmp=1745

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey this is great!!! I will do it!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Cool.

There is going to be an inaugural memorial 5K in Newtown on Jan 19 that I am hoping to run.  Schedule wise, it might be tricky for me, but I'd like to be there. 

There is another 5K as well that is being organized and the Hartford Marathon Foundation has offered to run it.  No word yet on a date.

<3

Docket_Rocket

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Here are the FB page to the 5ks in CT that are being organized

Strides for Sandy Hook 5K

5K Run for the Children of Sandy Hook

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Baboon do you have a link to theh 5k in Jan?

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Well looks like your wife beat you too it, thanks for the links I am going to try and make it.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Awesome Dave! I have the FB page posted for my friends. 

Thanks. 

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Jess runs for bacon

I need some more info on this, looking at the FB comments there is some cause for concern. Actually, a lot of concern. I see that the one Phil is talking about may do a virtual one, I may wait for that one.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

My local running club is going to participate, just figured I'd pass it along if anyone else was interested.

http://www.active.com/half-marathon/tampa-fl/sandy-hook-elementary-memorial-half-marathon-and-5k-2013?cmp=1745

Thanks!

If you look under more info, the organizers give their personal Facebook pages! If I can be sure it's real, I plan on doing the virtual half over a week!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Jess runs for bacon

If you look under more info, the organizers give their personal Facebook pages! If I can be sure it's real, I plan on doing the virtual half over a week!

My biggest concern is that it sounds like the United Way the money is going to has no idea about this.

Anomalous

My biggest concern is that it sounds like the United Way the money is going to has no idea about this.

Ditto!

I'd really like to do this one, but will wait until the last minute to see what develops before registering. 

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi