Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TuesDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Better I Leave

I trust everyone is doing well today. Longest run to date "post hernia". Knocked out 6 miles in 62:17 with no pain. My brain wanted me to quit at 4 but my body said "Let's shoot for 5". Got to 5 and I said to myself "You made it this far Dave, let's go for 6."...So I did.

B-Plus

Nice running BPLUS. From the other day...I think it's hard for me to change because of the success I had with big mileage. I even wonder what I could do if I just ramped it into the 100s more, and kinda like the long plan because it feels safer. I know I need to get some real speed though and learning to race would help.

I bet you will still make gains by doing the same plan again and just upping your mileage. I trained for 5k-10k this spring just to force myself to do the faster speed work, and with a view that it will ultimately help me with my fall marathon ... who knows. But I do plan to continue to alternate 5k/10k and marathon seasons most years.

B-Plus

I trust everyone is doing well today. Longest run to date "post hernia". Knocked out 6 miles in 62:17 with no pain. My brain wanted me to quit at 4 but my body said "Let's shoot for 5". Got to 5 and I said to myself "You made it this far Dave, let's go for 6."...So I did.

Nice run Dave!

Better I Leave

Nice run Dave!

Muchas gracias Amigo. It's been tough not being able to run like I'd like to...In fact, downright depressing. I'm sure many of us who've been "sidelined" for one reason or another have been there.

Zelanie

So to answer your question, I put the slower pace in the first box,and my actual target pace in the second.  I don't use it anymore however because I got tired of it beeping that I was not running at target pace after only 25 meters lol!

OK, I think that's what I was doing, except I gave myself maybe a 20 second range between paces (with the actual pace I wanted to run in the middle).  But for some reason, the last time I tried it, it was beeping at me when I was only like 3 seconds away from my target pace.  So I was wondering if I had the slow target pace in the "fast" box or something like that since they're not marked that I can tell.

Or I just started the wrong program, I guess! Wink

I kind of like getting yelled at when I'm off pace.  It keeps me honest.

Dave- Glad you had a good run!  Great to be back!

How do you find the DSTs? I run most of my miles in the Elixir, and I found my now-retired pair of DST to be a bit clunky.

I'm still using DST 17's, basically identical to 16's but without the offset lacing.  Compared to elixirs, I do find them to be cushier but not really clunky.  It's nice to have two different feels available in the same class of shoe.

Although I only have one run on the 8's, vs. the 6's they seemed even lighter and more like an extension of my feet, with less inclination to fully heel strike.  These might end up becoming favorites.

Dave, congratulations on your 200-mile month!

Marjorie, I hope that you enjoyed your well-earned rest day.

Jack, I hope that you had a relaxing and refreshing rest day

Brr, excellent easy five.

Phil, congratulations on an hour-plus run.

B-Plus, terrific 10.2.

outoftheblue, great cross-training. I hope that the chicks debut safely.

Ric-G, fantastic five.

SIAR, terrific track workout.

scappodaqui, brilliant workout(s).

Zentastic, a speedy and complete recovery to you.

Damaris, what did your chiro do?

Nicole, I hope that you feel rested tomorrow.

Jay, excellent. 18.2.

jjs22, bravo on the work at the gym.

PGD, good to see you. Sweet six.

Weights, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done. I did my regular three sets of weights. I kept the incline of the machine at 10/10 and increased the resistance to 60/100.

B-Plus

I'm still using DST 17's, basically identical to 16's but without the offset lacing.  Compared to elixirs, I do find them to be cushier but not really clunky.  It's nice to have two different feels available in the same class of shoe.

Although I only have one run on the 8's, vs. the 6's they seemed even lighter and more like an extension of my feet, with less inclination to fully heel strike.  These might end up becoming favorites.

Thanks for the feedback. I think my issue with the DST16s was that they may have been a tad too big. I ordered half a size up based on my sizing for the DS Racer. I think it's just the DSR that fits snug. I may give the DSTs another go, or find another shoe. I always like to have a different pair in regular rotation.