Beginners and Beyond

Adult strollers? (Read 64 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

So, my mother has COPD, not on oxygen but she can't walk far without gasping.

It just struck me that, if she were interested I could have her experience a Half Marathon or Marathon, by pushing her.  Obviously not a race effort, just a great experience. She is thinking about it, no pressure just an option.

So on that note, if she is keen, I need to know what kind of adult stroller type equipment is available and necessary.  She's a small and fairly light lady.

Chime in please!

onemile

My Team Triumph is at a lot of the races I do, pushing disabled adults (and children).  If you don't get info here, you could always try to contact them and ask.  Link

Robert31320

Team TJ

I will copy you a link to what we have for TJ when I get to our computer.  It has up to 250# capacity.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Love the Half

I can't help you but I can say, "what a marvelous idea."  If you do this, we expect a full report with pics.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Robert31320

Team TJ

This is the one we have:

http://www.adaptivemall.com/bajofrst.html

We bought it from Adaptive Mall, the site in the link.  It fits our son great and he is 19.  Last weekend he rolled through 13.1 with ease.  It pushes extremely easy.  There was a young man at the race that was also pushed in one of these chairs and he was quite a bit bigger than TJ.  It fit him very well also.

Pushing them through a HM would be one of the greatest feelings you'll ever experience.

Running for TJ because he can't.

I second LTH - what a wonderful idea and I would love to read the race report if this happens. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

If everything is a go I will be sure to do an extended RR.

I figure it will be sometime next spring or fall, so a bit of time to go.