Beginners and Beyond

Ryan Hall at Costa Rica Half Marathon...... (Read 80 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So as I posted last week, Ryan appears to be prepping his race legs.  After Bay to Breakers last weekend, he just completed the Gatorade Costa Rica HM today.  Not much info available yet but he says he thinks he set a 3k PR at 7:54 but paid for it in the following 10k.  Somebody else has said they think he ran a 1:04 but no idea where he placed.

Sounds about like the pace he ran for 12k last week so not too shabby.

My concerns for him going forward are his pace, although if he just PR'd for 3k that might be something he's working on.

That and keeping injuries at bay!!!

Sounds like he had a good race and great time.

Randy

Love the Half

I know he's working with Canova now and Canova has his marathon runners do some brutal workouts.  We're talking stuff like 18 miles at marathon pace.  That's a hard enough workout that it takes even world class runners 10 days or so to fully recovery from it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya, glad he jumped back in the coach train.  I swore he would end up with Alberto Salazar, but I guess it wasn't to be.  (At least not yet)

Do you think Carnova or Salazar would be the better coach for Ryan???  (Salazar looks like a friggin genius lately)

Randy