Beginners and Beyond

Stuck in a loop MonDAILIES (Read 59 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to get a massage.  It's 49F right now and I'm like what?  Two days of Winter?  Nice.

SRD for me except for my streak saving exercises.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Morning cats and kittens!

6 miles for me tonight. I wanted to run this morning until I checked last night and saw the windchill at 5am was going to be 3. Three. I decided even if I did wake up at 5, I would chicken out so I didn't even bother trying.

I need to find a new route. I'm bored of my  normal "run around the neighborhood until I get my miles in" routine. Maybe I'll do an out-and-back somewhere.

I know this feeling, the same loop over and over and over...is starting to get boring.

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Sorry you had limited sleep last night but hopefully you can catch some extra rest later on today. Enjoy your 10 early miles this morning and I hope your ankle behaves today!

Luke79- Enjoy your SRD and sorry to hear you're getting sick. Hopefully a day off will do you good and great job on your HM yesterday!! (I enjoyed reading your RR ... particularly the part at mile 12.5 with your friend's encouragment.)

Sparker1606, KayPS, SUSchnauzer- Enjoy your SRDs today.

flarunner- Glad to hear you got in your 5 already this morning ... though I'll argue with you about 40 being frigid <grin>. That's OK because you'll be able to do the same with me when I start complaining about 80 degree temps.

BasyaSpiliakos- Enjoy your time at the gym later on today.

Just B.S.- I love winter but I'm so completely with you on this snow thing getting old. I'm glad to hear you still have power and hopefully it will stay on for your TM run later on today ... just keep thinking those happy, warm , Disney thoughts.

jedigunnie26.2- Good job on the 4 + core work already and enjoy those 2 miles with your DS later on today.

LRB- Enjoy that coffee today!

I'll do some recovery miles later on today on the TM @ the office...though I still haven't decided how far. I may just set the dumb thing up for time and run at whatever pace that feels slow.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Oh and by the way: make sure to have some coffee before posting on this forum. But not too much.

Dave

Morning!  Off to get a massage.  

Ooh, that's the goods! You've earned it!

Dave

LRB

I need to find a new route. I'm bored of my  normal "run around the neighborhood until I get my miles in" routine. Maybe I'll do an out-and-back somewhere.

I had this dilemma yesterday.  Instead of driving a billion miles to run at the park, I was going to run my 4 mile square three times, which has all the excitement of getting the mail from the box.  So at the point where I usually turn right at mile 2, I kept straight, and extended it 2 miles before making that turn.

It was a nice diversion, new places new faces.  And next time I am going to extend it 3 miles, to see it I can make it one big 12 mile loop.

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy President’s Day!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!   Let’s get this week started off on a good note, okay?

Shari – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Hope your 10 went easily after such a bad night of sleep!   Enjoy the coffee when you return!

Luke – Enjoy the RD – you’ve earned it!!  I really hope that you’re not getting sick.   Please take care of yourself!

Scott – Have a great day!

Kay – Sounds like a Pinktacular day with your princess!   Have a fabulous time!!

Flarunner – Good Morning!!   5 miles in 40* weather sounds amazing!   I’m sure it made the run that much better for you!   Have a Pinksational day!!

Sus – Enjoy your rest day today!  Which marathon are you working toward in September?

Basya – No cardio today?   I’m thinking that you might be starting your taper for 3/1 now.   It’s getting so close!   Stay strong and stay healthy between now and then!

Beth – That sounds like a helluva storm y’all got last night!   Glad to hear that you’re safe and still have power!   I hope that the TM time goes by quickly for you!!

Jedi – How is your son enjoying his runs with you?   Nice job on the 14+!!

LRB – You woke up at 6 to catch your favorite show on your day off?  What?   Many channels will be showing Looney Tunes at a later time this morning so you really didn’t have to get up so early…..   ;-)   Enjoy your day off!

Robert – Have a great rest day!!   You’re going to knock that 10K out of the park on Saturday!!

DaveP – Nice job with the early yoga this morning!!    They say that breaking up is hard to do, but I hope you find RA to be worth it!   ;-)

April – Have a great run tonight!   I wouldn’t have wanted to run in that weather this morning either so I hope you enjoyed the extra sleep.

Damaris – ohhhhh!  A massage sounds heavenly!   Have a Pinktacular day!

Bruce – I hope the recovery miles go smoothly later!    Stay safe and have a great day!

I got out at 3:15 this morning for a 5 mile "way faster than I should have run" run.   I was supposed to go easy this morning since I ran too fast yesterday, but I started off in a different direction than my normal route this morning and, before I knew it mile 1 was < 10:00 pace.  I tried to slow it down for mile 2, and I thought I was going slower, but no - it was also < 10:00 pace.   So, I just let it be and ran the 4 I was scheduled to at that pace and then slowed it down a little for the 5th.   I have got to run more slowly tomorrow.   You heard it here.  Slower tomorrow.

Have a Pink-mazing Monday, all!!   And, may your next run convince you that all your hard work and training has made your dreams within reach!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

Kay — Thanks for the java juice! I'll be back if I need refills. Enjoy the mani/pedi. I've promised myself a full spa day when I hit my goal weight - which should coincide with my 40th birthday and goal marathon. Can't wait.
                  LRB - We checked a couple of Looney Tunes DVDs out from the library for DS this weekend. Now I just might have to pop them in today, though I doubt they have my favorite: Foghorn Leghorn.
                  Luke - Feel better soon!
                  D - Enjoy that well-earned massage.

Beth - Good luck digging out. I don't envy you.

April - Good luck finding a new route. It does help keep things fresh every now and then.

Bruce - Enjoy the recovery run.

Dave - Thanks for the reminder. I should have about 3 cups down before I start my work today.

Sarah - I thought my 4 a.m. alarm was early enough. 3:15? Yowza!

Basya, Jedi, Sparker, Fla, et al. - Hi!

10.2 miles done, including 4x200m hill repeats at about 10k effort. Ankle held up fine, a bit tender now, but my legs were heavy and hips a bit sore at the beginning of the run before I got warmed up. Wildlife sightings: 1 fox, 3 deer, and 2 either opossums or raccoons - one was in the tree and one at the base, but all I could really see was the glow of their eyes in my headlamp.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB – You woke up at 6 to catch your favorite show on your day off?  What?   Many channels will be showing Looney Tunes at a later time this morning so you really didn’t have to get up so early…..   ;-)   Enjoy your day off!

Thanks!  The newer ones come on twice daily, but the classics only come on at 6:00 am (on Comcast anyway).  They also come on Tuesday through Friday for an hour at 11:30, but I am usually at work then...I won't be tomorrow though, yippee!

Way to get out and get your run done!

Man, this coffee is good as hell today!

10.2 miles done, including 4x200m hill repeats at about 10k effort. Ankle held up fine, a bit tender now, but my legs were heavy and hips a bit sore at the beginning of the run before I got warmed up. Wildlife sightings: 1 fox, 3 deer, and 2 either opossums or raccoons - one was in the tree and one at the base, but all I could really see was the glow of their eyes in my headlamp.

Nice run!

Morning all.....I've got some recovery miles on tap for today.

Ball of Fury

Hi dailies!  Just time for a quick update (work really gets in the way of my forum time!)  Got in 6 freezing old miles at 4:45 this morning, followed by Ab Ripper X.  Felt pretty good with just some minor discomfort in the right hip and knee.  Average around 9:41/mile I think.  I am getting a little nervous about my appointment this afternoon, but would do just about anything at this point to get my miles in!

Funny story:  One of my coworkers was sitting by me when I logged in and she saw the Sub-4 Marathon group title.  She said, "Sub 4?  Does that mean you run under 4:00 min/mile for the marathon?  Um....sure it does!!"

Beth:  Just keep thinking warm Disney Princess thoughts!  Have I told you how jealous I am?  Tried to convince DH to let me take a last minute trip (I have Annual Passes after all) but it was a no go!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I had this dilemma yesterday.  Instead of driving a billion miles to run at the park, I was going to run my 4 mile square three times, which has all the excitement of getting the mail from the box.  

For some reason I must be the only one that does not get bored by this. 

My run yesterday was an exhilarating 4.5 times around my 4 mile square (I have shortcuts that get me an extra 1, 2 or 3 miles).

It's all better than Ye Olde Haemster Wheele.

Dave

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Dailies!

I started my day off with a nice 4 mile run in a feels like temp of  5 degrees.

April - I usually run from my house but sometimes (like today) I drive to Wegmans and run around Hanover Township.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

For some reason I must be the only one that does not get bored by this.  My run yesterday was an exhilarating 4.5 times around my 4 mile square (I have shortcuts that get me an extra 1, 2 or 3 miles).  It's all better than Ye Olde Haemster Wheele.

I can do it, and have done it.  Sometimes though, I just want a mental change of scenery.  Other times, I have no issues.

It is totally random.

Pinktastic

Jay - Following up from your inquiry yesterday.....    I was watching the Buffalo / Pittsburgh game when I came back from my morning run.   I am a Dallas Stars fan, and ironically, a fan of the Winged Wheel as well.    Big grin

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.