Beginners and Beyond

PENGUIN's Tuesdaily (Read 28 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You did just fine, Jerry!  Big grin

Good luck with the miles later, Damaris.  Is it still hot there?  Does Miami EVER cool down at some point of the year?

At least you got out the door, Kristin, that's something.

Sorry about the sinuses/throat, Traci.  Hope your legs run as well later as your nose seems to be running now.  Ugg, donut race...it amazes me people can get those things down during a race and then be able to still run!

Congrats on the tempo run, PAD.

Happy 8 miles, Jack.

Mitch, as the beer flow continued, did the packet stuffing slow down? Joking   Good luck with your miles tonite if you get out there. You should, since you've already carbo-loaded last night.  Wink

Congrats on your run, Bin.  Hope the little ones are doing well.

I believe it, Zelanie.  I'm sure everything was already named by the Native Americans.   And then the 'explorers' came along and re-named everything 'officially'....sheesh.

Congrats on your 10K, kj.  1:20 for a 10K is about my speed all the time, lol. So for once I could've kept company with one of the speedier runners here for a change.

Sounds like a nice evening, HsM.  Did Dusty eat hot dogs too?  Wouldn't that be a form of cannibalism for him? Wink

Sorry about the pain behind the knee, obiebyke!  Hope the rolling helps it.

Congrats on your shockingly good run, Lauren!

I may be in your part of Texas in a few weeks - any good races coming up?  I'd enjoy the FE, if it works out timewise.  Heck yeah, Ginny, we have races all year round down here.  Go to this race calender that a friend and I maintain:  www.centexruns.com   Pick the month you want and there will be a list of races for all of that month.  Definitely let me know when you will be here.   Gail and I will take you to the Riverwalk for lunch or dinner, or whatever.   Happy and safe trip!  State parks here are nice to run in - most of them anyway - usually have both paved and off-road trails.  Some of the trails in some of the parks, though, can be QUITE rocky, resulting in a lot more walking than running.   As for cold in the shower area, well, maybe in East and North Texas....but soon as you get down here to South Texas, it warms up pretty quick during the day.  Sorry you did not have a good run, but glad you're feeling better today.

That sounds like a dangerous job you have there, Awood! What the heck do you do that you have to be all around that stuff?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

So quick random question, anyone use or have used the ibungee speed laces?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I find ways to make things last longer in the steel mills, and then my company makes it.  Mitch would know the type of items I work with probably.  I do the field measuring and suggest materials.  Descale hoods, bucket liners, coiler guides, kerfer blades, baghouse fans, chutes, hoppers, and all that jazz.  Its dirty and there are dangers if you don't pay attention, but you meet some of the best people.  Not sure how the mills will run when people start to retire though.  Not a lot of young folks in the mill.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Been up all day, in a trailer watching safety and environmental videos to renew my access badge for some of the steel mills.  I get it.  This is my 3rd time, and molten steel will still kill you.  Gases bad.  Heavy equipment...stay out of the way.  Seriously though, I'm glad they take it seriously.  It's just tedious after a couple of times.  The trainer gets it....oh, and drugs are bad.

I have no mercy for you!!! Try 20+ years of seeing the same training videos. We've seen that Charlie Moorecraft video, and once live, 5 times in the last 10 years. You wanna stay in the steel industry? Suck it up buttercup! Joking

J/K, I know how ya feel.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LOL...the guy last year threw in good stories.  This year it was, "Let's get through this".  At least I got a chair this year.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Afternoon everyone!

Had a good 6-1/2 mile run yesterday, and a windy, harder 17 mile run today.  With the wind whipping around, I think there were irritants in the air and my eyes and nose ran (faster then me even) most of the way.  Thankfully tomorrow is recovery day!

Damaris, I'll get to your RR as soon as I can!  I did look at the pics though...cute cute, though DH looks to be in pain!

Mitch-- what a lovely RR, and your note to everyone at the end was very touching.  You really are an awesome, kind person.  I'm glad you're part of the penguin thread.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7 miles today.  Kind of hard running with all the apples, leaves, acorns on the bike path (not too mention the rude bikers).

Not sure that I should wear the K3's for longer runs. Seems kind of hard on the forefoot. Just me?