Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy SunDAILIES :) (Read 42 times)

LRB

Are you both committed? Does Lily know yet? I might even be able to justify traveling out here for the 10k just cuz they stack the field so heavily. The marathon is definitely on my to-do list though.

I spoke with the fine folks from the Ottawa Marathon last fall at the Detroit race expo, they were really cool.  It would be tempting to rendezvous with the northern crew but that would be an 8 hour drive for me.

Toronto on the other hand is half that time, maybe someday we could all do that.

Just B.S.

I spoke with the fine folks from the Ottawa Marathon last fall at the Detroit race expo, they were really cool.  It would be tempting to rendezvous with the northern crew but that would be an 8 hour drive for me.

Toronto on the other hand is half that time, maybe someday we could all do that.

Dude, it's a 12 hour drive for me. Smile You are closer to my capital than I am! But of course I have the

additional draw of seeing my child and I would drive days and days for that. 

Toronto is 15 hours and I'm not a fan of the city. A few people I know have done both races and

give Ottawa much higher marks overall for course, organization, views, etc. Just sayin!

B, not committed yet. If hubby BQ's this year we will do Boston instead. If not Ottawa is ON!!

Hear that Miss Lily! Smile  BTW, how many of the family can I bring to PEI this August!

B-Plus

Actually, I'm in for Boston, but I will race in the capital one day.

LRB - Geoffrey Mutai was in the 10k this year, and he didn't even win it!

How is it already 9? No wonder you easterners wake up so damn early. Lol, I know it's the same, but feels strange to watch my Whitecaps (name of soccer team, not the racist word) starting at 9.

outoftheblue, I hope that you've been having a well-earned rest day.

FreeSoul87, fantastic fourteen in tough conditions.

Ric-G, bravo on the five.

Zelanie, I hope that you enjoyed your seven-miler.

(((Shari))) I hope that your allergies are under control soon.

Marjorie, I'm glad that you managed 4.5. I hope that your toe is all better soon.

Jack K., great run with DW.

Lauren710, brava on today's run.

Slymoon Runs, the VDOT test sounds interesting.

Beth, enjoy your well-earned rest tonight.

Phil, I'm glad that your ride went wonderfully.

I ran later than I expected. I still managed to run 6.20 comfortably in 1:00:21. 9:45 pace. Three more weeks of this and MCM training should go well.

happylily

The run did not happen. The kids and my sister stayed longer than anticipated and I didn't have the heart to leave them to go run. My up-coming race just isn't that important to me. So, today was a rest day and tomorrow I will have to run the 18 miles after work, sigh... The good thing is that I will be more rested, so I can run it a little harder than necessary. 

Beth and B-Plus, we are bound to meet eventually. I may be in Boston in 2015 also. None of you have Montreal on their list of someday marathons? I was reading reviews about it recently and they all seemed positive. I feel guilty that I've never even considered doing my home town race. If anyone wants to travel to la belle province, mi casa es tu casa.  And Beth, seriously, we have two spare bedrooms upstairs which can sleep 3. And if your sons want to pitch a tent, the yard is quite big and the beach is only a 5 minute walk away.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

The run did not happen. The kids and my sister stayed longer than anticipated and I didn't have the heart to leave them to go run. My up-coming race just isn't that important to me. So, today was a rest day and tomorrow I will have to run the 18 miles after work, sigh... The good thing is that I will be more rested, so I can run it a little harder than necessary. 

Beth and B-Plus, we are bound to meet eventually. I may be in Boston in 2015 also. None of you have Montreal on their list of someday marathons? I was reading reviews about it recently and they all seemed positive. I feel guilty that I've never even considered doing my home town race. If anyone wants to travel to la belle province, mi casa es tu casa.  And Beth, seriously, we have two spare bedrooms upstairs which can sleep 3. And if your sons want to pitch a tent, the yard is quite big and the beach is only a 5 minute walk away.

Lily looks like we have a date .

B-Plus

Is it a treadmill marathon you're inviting us to? 

happylily

Is it a treadmill marathon you're inviting us to? 

haha...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010