Beginners and Beyond

Snowshoeing Sunday Penguins (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

What I told my doctor was that without a year of allergy shots, I'm sure I could've passed out from non breathing.  The reaction was milder than it could've been had it happened a year prior.

Which is why I spent most weeks with a swollen arm from a shot reaction.  I know they work.

I do remember your LV race, D.  That was horrible.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Tomas- Congrats on the PR!

I was feeling spammy, so I put the cake photo in its own thread.  Now to clean up the kitchen disaster!

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone! What a fantastic day today was! Got up this morning went to Church followed by dinner at a church members house and then spent the rest of the evening on horseback. I haven't rode a horse in 24 years so that was a exciting fun adventure, in fact, we are going back this Saturday to do it again! All I can say is I chose the wrong kind of life, I would take a farm and animals over suburban life any day of the week.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

So many great posts that I'd love to respond to, but I got to get dinner started :-)

I actually went to church today.  Whoa!  I haven't done that in many years.  No lightning, or spontaneous combustion.  Then, we went to lunch with some friends, and reserved a building for our wedding reception.

To top off the day, I ran with my fiance instead of doing my scheduled 8 miles.  I'll make up some miles tomorrow, but I'm on pace to hit close to 160 miles this month.  I think that's plenty.  I have still have 2 months before my HM, and I got a HM training run in yesterday.

I'm a little nervous about my 5K on Feb 10th.  The entire race is outside, and most likely snowing.  Then, we finish on an indoor track.  Has anyone ever tried to run from snow to an indoor track?  I picture a production called, "Finishing Kick On Ice", which features runners sliding from one end of the gym to the other on their butt.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

Awood - I love the image, but hope it doesn't become reality.

jblack - I hope the horseback riding doesn't make you sore.  I haven't been on a horse in many many years, but I remember how tired it made my legs.  Still, sounds like fun.

Damaris  - do you know what caused the reflux?

Zelanie - it is a gorgeous cake.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

6.1 miles for me today, just wasn't feeling it, so I cut it short, not a bad run, just a blah run.

Congrat again Tomas, great job!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!