Beginners and Beyond

Race Report and Photos: Donovan's Run - St. Patrick's Day 5K (Read 41 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did Race #17 for 2013, Donovan's Run 5K, the oldest 5K in San Antonio, celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.

The report and photos is posted on Runners Word at this link:  http://community.runnersworld.com/displayForumTopic/content/3968142971752181

LRB/Awood, thanks for letting me know about the problems with the other link.  Guess I'll just have to post my report on RW and give ya'll the link here for the report.  Their photo thingy is actually quite fast, mucho better than the old Pluck stuff.  I still prefer this site for general posting, etc., but for as many photos as I put into my race reports, doing the reports over there works much better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

There's a glitch in the Matrix.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What?  I can see the photos just fine on the report...what's the glitch?

I emailed my wife and some friends the link too, and they opened it and also said they could see the photos just fine.

LRB

Probably because the photos are on your computer.  For the rest of us, it sends us to another site where they are not available.

Next time, post it here first.   Big grin

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just see

race 001

race 002

race 041

etc.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Probably because the photos are on your computer.  For the rest of us, it sends us to another site where they are not available.

Next time, post it here first.   Big grin

That is weird.  Sorry about that.  I can't post them here first because my photos have no URL. If it posted that many photos on tinypic.com and then put them all here, it would take me hours to upload each photo!

LRB

That quote and concept is one of the most intriguing and yet simultaneously disappointing concepts from that movie.

Had they chose to delve deeper into it, rather than the Smith character, that movie franchise could have been as great as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which ironically was produced by the same studio.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I checked out the "other site".  That looks like a fun race.  That green dog looked moldy though.  I'm not sure that's what they were going for.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

LRB

That is weird.  Sorry about that.  I can't post them here first because my photos have no URL. If it posted that many photos on tinypic.com and then put them all here, it would take me hours to upload each photo!

It's cool.  In the future, you could always pick out some of your favorite photos from the event to post in your report here to make it easier on you.

I use www.photobucket.com by the way, which allows you to select multiple photos from your computer at one time when uploading.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LOL...the most obscure thread derailment ever!  I never thought of it before, but you might be right.

That quote and concept is one of the most intriguing and yet simultaneously disappointing concepts from that movie.

Had they chose to delve deeper into it, rather than the Smith character, that movie franchise could have been as great as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which ironically was produced by the same studio.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...Love all the photos and just the fact that you get out there all the time!  Even with the stops you still make it around pretty quickly too.  Have you really raced one in a while, or is it too risky?  Looks like it was a beautiful day there - I'm jealous as always.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty...Love all the photos and just the fact that you get out there all the time!  Even with the stops you still make it around pretty quickly too.  Have you really raced one in a while, or is it too risky?  Looks like it was a beautiful day there - I'm jealous as always.

Glad you can see the photos, sorry about my screw-up with the first link that did not work.  Thanks to Awood and LRB for letting me know.

Last time I actually 'raced' one was in 2003 and my running years before.  My 5K PR is 26:52.  Not very speedy, but then, I never was very speedy.  Now, with the arthritis I have, I have to take walk breaks. If I don't, my back nags me like crazy for the next few days.  Kind of hard to actually RACE when you have to stop every once in a while, lol.   Well, it is what it is and I'm okay with it.  I had 'my day" of actually racing and now  these are my 'nothing but fun' years for my Senior Citizen years of running. Big grin

Zelanie

Looks like a fun race, Scotty!  Looks like even more dogs than usual on the course this time, and a pretty speedy finish!

SheCan

I don't mind clicking a link for you, Scotty!  Big grin

Looks like a another great, super fun race--- with a Irish beer party afterwards!   Everyone looked so good in their St. Paddy's Day clothes.  The Green Man and the little cutie had to have been favorites though.  Thanks again for sharing!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice to see people in shorts.  Forgot what that looks like.  Congrats on #17.